Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shellybelly26_gw

why I have been MIA

shellybelly26
16 years ago

last night I sat down typing out my woes and telling whats been going on in my life. I was trying to cook dinner so was running back and forth, when lo and behold I come running back to find DH has hijacked the darned computer again. not only that he didnt even keep my page open so I could come back and finish. but basically the short version is as follows.DH got laid off from his job and we were hurting, going from 1300 a week to unemployment of 275 a week wasnt easy so I started babysitting to help close the gap so with 7 kids running arroung I hadnt had time to do much of anything except clean and sleep. Well now DH has found a new job he had to start out back at the bottom but 700 is still better than 275 we can live on 700 a week barely but we can if we buckle down. meanwhile all those crazy kids are back in school now so its just me and The baby I watch. I am hoping to get some time soon to start a few projects but not sure when that will happen. I have decided to take on my daughter Girl scout troop as the official leader. last year ther were 4 of us so things ran so easy but now 2 of the leaders have quit and apparently assumed they could help themselves to part of the troops money so on top of everything else I am now right smack in the middle of a girl scout audit/ invstigation. which means that until they find out what happened to the money our account is frozen so the 1 leader who is left besides myself is having to buy all our stuff ou of pocket right now because I dont even have the money to help her. The council is going to send us a check for $50 to hold us ove til october when everything is straightened out. I seriously cant believe that peple would take from7,8&9 yr old girls like that it just baffles me, and I hope they prosecute to the full letter of the law. Bad thing is becuse its less than 500 bux its only pettty theft and they will only be charged with a misdemeanor and likely will not get more than a civil fine. I am in the process of writing a letter to the council requesting that one of their sentencing requirements be that they have to come in and publicly appologize to the girls and explain why what they did was immoral and illegal that way at least the stooooopid wenches get that embarrasment factor from it. well ive rambled on long enough just thought Id share my excitement. oh yeah and last weekend DH was washing his truck and started having chest pains so we took him to the ER and he has plurisy. I am just glad it wasnt a heart attack he really had me scared.

Comments (19)

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

You poor poor girl...I'm sending you a big warm internet hug!!!! You have a lot on your plate.

That is just pathetic that those woman did that with the GS money. I also hope that they take your advice and make them apologize..after all if a child steals we make them do just that..apologize and give the money back and sometimes make restitution.

I'm glad you DH wasn't really had a heart attack. That would just be way to much.

Keep a good attitude (yeah I know its hard) and try to get some quiet time to yourself to have a few sane moments..

Remeber God will never give you more than you can take!!! I know I know it always sounds like a cliche but it really is true..when your at the end of your rope..somehow you look inside yourself and find that inner strength!!!!!

Take care..

• shellybelly26
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I do believe that GOD is always watching out for us and DH is feeling much better today. They gave him Endocin its an anti inflamatory used for arthritis but I guess it helps the swelling in the chest lining go away too. His follow up is next week (fingers crossed). I love that man more than life itself and the thought of losing him absolutly devestates me. He is the only reason I made it through my teen years, He kept me from doing bad things to myself and showed me that not all men were BAD. I can tell you for certain he is the only person on the planet that would lay down their life for me (including my parents but thats another subject altogether). The entire time we were in the ER I was parying "please GOD just let him be ok". Today he went to my friends parents house to do a side job retiling their pool they told him that he could wait if he didnt feel well still not to push himself and they even told him if it was about money they would pay him half now and half when he was done, but I guess he must be feeling alot better because he went anyways. well I gotta fix DD some lunch so maybe I'll check back in later.

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

I've been wondering where you went!
    Sorry about your situation, but I'm glad things are starting to improve.
    Glad you're back. Your family will be in my prayers.

• kelly6780
    16 years ago

Shelly- You, your daughter, and husband are in my prayers. Cliches suck. But I completely believe that God does only give you as much as you can handle. (Only? HA, HA!) As a fifth grade teacher, there are times I look up to the sky and say, "Thanks for the faith and me and all, but I am oficially at my LIMIT!!" Who knows if it really works? I just know I always feel an instand wave of relief. Probably just in my head. Is there any kind of supplies I can send to help out with the girl scout projects? I was never a girl scout so I don't know what kind of stuff they do, but as a teacher I may be able to rangle some free stuff. Just let my know. In these trying times, please remember to take care of yourself as well. See if you can get the judge to make those theives apologize on your local news station.

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

Shelly- Iam so glad things are looking a bit better for you. Kelly did have a good idea...let us know if there are some supplies we can help with!!

my email is chickeemama@comcast.net

• shellybelly26
    Original Author
    16 years ago

you are all such amazing people and just having an ear tends to help alot. Things arent that bad yet I am a big girl and stand to skip a few meals before I sell my craft supplies LOL. DH also found out when he went to work on the pool yesterday that it needed much more than he originally thought so he and his partner are going to make 1200 a peice which is more than enough to catch up my car payment and our other late bills. Luckily I had a little money saved so it didnt hit us too hard we just didnt have any extra breathing room. I personally start to panic if I have to pay a bill late like my car note especially, I am affraid they will come take it, which is just silliness because it is only 29 days past due and I only owe 4 more payments sooo I doubt they would do that. I will have it all caught up by next week so no worries for right now. Except the whole girl scout thing which is out of my hands, its up to the council officials to do what is needed to get the money back.

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Wow, sorry for all your troubles.

I'm glad your DH found another job and that he's feeling better!!

Crappy about the leaders stealing from the GS.I hope the Karma thing does a double whammy on them!!

Maria

• kelly6780
    16 years ago

Shelly- NO, NO, NO! I didn't mean to offer some kind of handout for food or anything like that (or to offend you either). I just mean at my school there is always a surplus of constructin paper, glue, glitter, popsicle sticks, etc. to do art projects with the scouts. If you need something like this, I could box it up and send it to ya. That's what I was offering.

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

That's sweet of you Kelly!!! Shelly hang in there cuz this too shall pass(another cliche but hey!) At times like this I just try to praise God so He knows I'm giving it all to Him, and He always shows me the little miricles He's doing for me so I know I'm not alone. This Forum has changed my life!!! I Love you all and most of you I've never even met!!! You are a gift from God to me!!! Jane

• shellybelly26
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh hun I wasnt offended at all! awed maybe that youd even offer becaus that isnt very common in todays society anymore. If I was in need I wouldnt hesitate to take help if offered and as well if I was able wouldnt hesitate to offer it either. And I do appreciate the offer but I have about 25 giant storage tubs in my kitchen full of supplies. I have no clue what I am going to do with them.
    And I talked to a lady who works for the GS council an she said that we will be getting a check to reimburse us for it.

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

I can relate to you in regards to your DH being laid off and then getting a job making less money...the same thing happened to me a little over a year ago. I agree, it is scary when you don't have the money to pay a bill. I really hope things get better for you soon and please don't keep things bottled up inside because you could end up depressed like I was for 6 months.

That sucks that people would steal money from the troop. My girlfriend went through the same thing when she took over her daughter's troop. All they did was make the previous leader repay the money. I like your idea of a public apology to the girls in the troop!

(HUGS)

Barb

• shellybelly26
    Original Author
    16 years ago

barb- I am deffintly not one to keep things in. I am the loudest person I know and have learned through many years of dealing with sexual abuse issues from being molested as a teenager by my stepfather that holding in your feelings can destroy you. the job situation may actually be getting better a guy he used to work for a few years ago called him and said they are restarting their commercial construction division and needs a superintendent so hopefully that will pan out and he will be back on top again soon they were by far the best co. he has ever worked for they paid his gas phone and truck and paid insurance for the whole family plus he was making 1100 a week salary after taxes. I dont know if it will be the same offer this time but I am sure it wouldnt be to much less and if not then we will just have to make due for the time being just means I wont be having any shopping sprees for a while but thats ok I can live with out it.

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

Wow Shelly, I admire your outlook on life, you have weathered many hardships already! Sure wish we lived closer so I could meet you in person!
    (((HUGS)))

Barb

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

Hope things work out for your hubby in regards to going back to his old job. I would think that being a supervisor would mean more money! We had our own company for 10 years, my hubby repairs gas air compressors and we mainly targeted contractors by offering onsite repairs. When guys are busy building a house, they don't want to stop and take their compressors in for repair and then have to go back to pick them up. When the economy slowed no one was buying new houses so we "merged" our business with another company. It was great getting medical insurance provided and we were getting a steady paycheck. We moved into a new (to us) house and then 2 years later he was laid off! Our mortgage payment now is twice what it was! At least he does have a job, and we do have medical insurance although we do have to pay a portion of the premium. My DD has to pay 2 bills and my DS pays one for us every month but we are getting by.
    How many kids do you have? I know you have a daughter, she looks just like you, any others?

Barb

• shellybelly26
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I only have the one DD and she is 9 so no luck there LOL. as far as my out look on life it has taken me 15 years to get to this place but it was well worth it. I spent so many years hiding from my feelings it feels so good to just not care what people think anymore. we are hoping DH gets that job. but if not this company he is with now is a great company and I am sure in time he will be making more money but sooner would be better. Its amazing how quickly life changes now watch since we are broke I will end up pregnant after a yr of trying with no luck. but I dont care I will take it any which way I can get it I have been wanting another child for 5 yrs and it took me 4 to convince DH. I have been through alot in my life and if I didnt have such a great man to back me up I dont think I would be here today because for obvious reasons I dont have a great relationship with my mom and since his divorce my dad only calls when he needs to borrow money from me. And I feel it has to be said that despite all our hardhips the past few months this is still the best time in my life. mainy because of all the work I have done on myself and a team of trained professionals LOL. see it took alot of counseling and tears to get me here.

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

Here's an even bigger hug Shelly!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))

I know what you mean about how life can change so quickly. Our whole married life my DH and I have made about the same yearly salary which was great when we first got married and it was just the 2 of us, but not as great when you have 2 kids, mortgage, and you have to pay for your own health insurance. It was a struggle! When we merged our company, for the first time we were getting almost twice as much money, plus our health insurance was provided and we didn't have to pay anything except our co-pays!!!! That's why we ended up moving. We had a cute little ranch home (dining room part of the living room, small kitchen) so we finished off the basement and that is where we would have family gatherings. But 2 sisters and a niece were diagnosed with MS, my brother was in a car accident over 5 years ago and used a walker (at that time) to get around (now he is in a wheelchair), my dad passed away and my mom is getting older and it is harder for people to go up and down the steps to go into the basement. With our bigger salary, I always wanted a house with a dining room for entertaining so we bought a bigger house. I have a bigger kitchen, a seperate dining room and a family room which I love but it also came with a much bigger mortgage!!! When I was depressed I kept focusing on the fact that if we hadn't of moved our lives would be easier because the cut in pay put us back to what we had been making. After awhile I realized I can't change anything, we can't sell our house and get the money back that we put into it, we have great neighbors, we are in a better neighborhood than we were and I love all the room I have in my colonial! Normally I am upbeat and believe that humor gets you through a lot of bad spots. After 6 months I realized I couldn't change things so I just have to accept it and move on. It kills me that my kids have to help us pay bills but I am proud that I raised them right because they don't complain about it!!! My hubby does compressor repairs for some of his old customers so every once in a while he surprises me with a little cash and tells me to use it just for crafts, either garage sales or glass because he knows I enjoy doing them. Your hubby does sound like a wonderful person, I assume you have been married about 10 years or more? I've been married 27-1/2 years. I'm sorry you don't have a good relationship with your parents. Do you have brothers or sisters? Remember what they say, "You can't pick your family, but you can pick your friends!" I would say my family (I'm the middle of 5 kids...1 boy & 4 girls) was a lot closer before my dad passed away but that is a whole other story! LOL

Barb

• shellybelly26
    Original Author
    16 years ago

you should be proud of those kids of yours they are awesome and the fact that they have family values is a miracle in todays society. I do have a brother and 2 sisters but they are much younger than I am my sister is 16 and brother is 14 and my sister from my dad is 16 as well and surprisingly enough I have a great relationship with them. The only thing that makes me sad is that when I was younger I was really close to my mom and she doesnt understand that the reason I wont come arround isnt my DH its her DH.

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

at least the stooooopid wenches get that embarrasment

Careful . . . I resemble that remark . . .

LOL!

• shellybelly26
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I was going to use a different word and decided to erase it and that was what I came up with to replace the word b!@$%es that sounded similar. However that being said I would never even put you in a class with them as they have none. You would never steal money little 7,8&9 yr old girls earned. LOL

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County