Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vampiressrn_gw

Vamp's Laundry Room (finished with pix)

vampiressrn
13 years ago

Finally finished my Laundry Room. Sorry for the bad pictures, using my cell. I still need to arrange the goodies I have in the cabinets, but it is presentable and very functional. When I had the house built, I had the cabinets over the w/d and the sink put in. I recently had the cabinets on the opposite wall (above the chairs) built. I had 3 doors left over from my kitchen so used those and left one cubby open for dor.

Originally I was going to put a daybed in there (to house one more guest as needed, but I didnÂt feel like it would work for my bad back). I had 2 matching chairs and an ottoman from eons ago (in California from Whole Earth CatalogÂthat was a great store, but it is long gone). They were a perfect fit for the room, I can sit in the chair opposite the dryer and fold clothes and place them on the ottomanÂworks great for me. I bought a cool auto-open trashcan that sits behind the ottoman, between the chairs, very handy for lint disposal and such. There is space between the sink and wall, so I have a hamper hanger to help sort laundry. I used tan rag rugs for some texture. Mirror, towel holder, dispenser from Southern Living at Home.

The walls are a cream color and the trim and cabinets are white. I put up a colorful scalloped border, added some decorative boxes, and have word stencils for fun.

Uppercase Living

(since you canÂt see them in the pictures, here are the sayings)

Over Dryer "Lost Socks"

Over Washer "Just Be Yourself"

Over chair in front of dryer "Domestic Goddess At Work"

Over chair in front of washer "Got Soap"

Over window "The Laundryroom Get All The Good Dirt Here"

Over cabinet "Sorting Out Life One Load At A Time"

Over sink "Laundry Gathers Here"

Over door "Home Sweet Home"

Comments (15)

• forhgtv
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

It looks like you have made a comfortable, organized space for yourself with a back-saving solution for folding. Good idea!

• sable_ca
    13 years ago

You have a very handsome and well thought-out LR, with nice cohesive decor. I have never seen easy chairs in an LR before. What a great idea! I'm totally in sympathy with your needing relief for your bad back. Been there and am still doing that.

• justgotabme
    13 years ago

Marlene, love your laundry room. I need to do a few more things in mine before I can call it finished, but I'm thinking I may need to do some wall words. Yours are just too cute!

• vampiressrn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the positive feedback friends. It isn't anything over the top, but it is comfortable and pleasant in there.

Becky...there are so many companies that offer wall art and typically they have Laundry Room sayings...it is fun...go for it. :-)

• les917
    13 years ago

Very charming!

• arlosmom
    13 years ago

You must have had so much fun putting that together! Love the animal print hatboxes.

• homebodymom
    13 years ago

If any room could make laundry fun- this is it! Great job :)

• hhireno
    13 years ago

What a nice, cheery place. You did a lovely job.

• barb5
    13 years ago

Oh, for the luxury of a laundry room.

Love your style and your sense of humor!

• mitchdesj
    13 years ago

That's adorable; chic laundry, I love it.

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

I would love a laundry room like yours! So crisp and clean and funny too!

• teacats
    13 years ago

Wonderful!! So creative, charming and fun -- a great way to do the laundry!

Love all of the sayings and quotes! :)

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

• justgotabme
    13 years ago

I think I just may have to Marlene. I especially love "Sorting our life, one load at a time." I'm in the constant mode of trying to figure out "what's it all about?" so that one would fit me to a "T"-shirt. :^P

• kitch_n_kat
    13 years ago

Nice suprise! love it when closets, laundry rooms and garages are given personality....in my early 20's, I "wallpapered" my closet with my favorite paper shopping bags from the mall- the mix of graphics and color made me happy, wish I had a photo of that...and my mom hangs inexpensive framed posters that would feel out of place in her house in her laundry room and garage- like the photo poster of the bassett hound puppies in front of the fan with their ears blowing behind them : )....my eyes go to that rather than the grumpy lawn mower.

Thanks, Vamp, for the charming inspiration- we've been in this house for a year, and my laundry room is 1/2 the size of yours....but think I'll take before shots today...and dig around in my last few decorative pieces that haven't found a place yet for something that will add a smile to this room.

• vampiressrn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. I am of the belief that every nook and cranny in a house has the potential to embrace some kind of decor. I really have to restrain myself sometimes though as I am hopelessly enticed to cover ever empty space with something...but over the years have done better about giving the walls some breathing room...LOL. No matter where your w/d is, make it a fun little place to do laundry. I do need to add a radio/CD player in there too...music makes the task lighter also.

kitchnkat...that closet must have been pretty cute. I spent about 2 serious years looking at new home developments before I bought my current home. I was absolutely gaga over one model home (but it was way over my price range). It was about a 3500 sq ft 2-story and laid out so nicely. It had a fabulous game room upstairs with cherry paneling and a built in floor-to-ceiling library wall with rolling ladder and a huge bar area. I visited that model several times and sat in that game room for long periods on end. But the piste de resistance was the master bedroom closet. It is the most awesome closet I have ever seen. After entering the MBR, you turned right into the master bath. There was a gorgeous clawfoot bathtub, excellent cabinetry throughout, back to back his/her vanities, double shower and plenty of linen storage closets. Then you turned right up a little staircase into the closet. It was the size of a bedroom and looked like a high fashioned dress shop. Creamy white woodwork throughout, there were several built in wooden racks in the middle of the room for clothes for him and her. Dressing tables, comfy sitting slipper chairs, mirrors and beautiful wallpaper, all carpeted, chandelier, attic window...the room was to die-for!!! How fun it must be to select your clothes and get dressed in that room.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH