Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rroo

Window sizes

rroo
12 years ago

We are building a single level house and the length of the house is 73' which includes (from the front view) the double garage, dining room window, front door, and two bedroom windows. The size of the dining room window is 72"x6 which is fine but the two bedroom windows are also 72"x60" each which too me seems really big for bedroom windows. I would like them to be smaller but I am not sure if this would make the exterior look funny. I wish I could attach a photo but can't seem too.

Thanks for any advice/photos!!

Comments (4)

• GulfBreezeWindows
    12 years ago

Eh, thats pretty big, but really its up to you in the end.

I might suggest that you look at making the windows shorter, but keep the same with. Pictures would help too, if you can figure out how to upload them.

• HomeSealed
    12 years ago

Its big but not totally out of the ordinary... I assume that is a twin window, so each would be 36 x 60. 36 x54 is a very common size, so again, you are not far from that at all. Once you get over 101ui (w+h), then you're looking at a pretty big unit.
    As far as looks: as GBW said, it is really your personal preference.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    12 years ago

Get a photobucket or other online photo storage account.

You can post links to the pictures at that point.

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

It would really help to see the elevation of the home to say for sure, but I agree with the other posts above--those sizes sound just fine. I would definitely rather have a larger window than a smaller one for 3 reasons: the view, the breeze & the escape.

Step by step how to post photos:

Setup:
    1) Go to photobucket.com and open a free account.
    2) Follow their instructions for uploading your pics to their site.

Now your pics are ready for posting on sites like GW!

Posting pics in a GW message:
    1) Begin the written portion of your posting on GW.
    2) When you are ready to add your pics, simply open a new browser window and log into your photobucket account.
    3) Go to 'My Album' & copy the 'HTML Code' underneath the photo you wish to add to your GW post.
    4) Toggle back to the browser window with your GW posting, place the cursor where you want to pic to appear, right click and select 'paste'.

Your pics will appear in the preview so you can ensure they appear properly before the final submission.(I know, this looks like a lot of potentially confusing steps, but trust me, once you copy the pics into your posts once or twice it's a piece of cake!)