Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shadygrove_gw

confusion--too many names / brands / models

shadygrove
12 years ago

My head spins to the point of exhaustion when I read all the posts about replacement windows and I throw myself on your good graces, at the risk of repeating old information.

I would love to have some suggestions as to manufacturers / models for what seems to me to be my simple needs.

I need to replace fifteen windows, un-named brand and un-traceable, which were bought builder's grade presumably from Lowe's twenty-five years ago. The original windows are all now having some problems with the weird spring in their side sashes that keeps the windows gliding smoothly. I am unable to locate replacement parts or repair, as the windows were all originally placed in from the exterior as single-hung sealed units.

What I am looking for are aluminum exterior, wood interior, 30" x 60" windows without lites, either single- or double-hung, I don't much care, as plain as plain can be. Without installation, anything decent to last another twenty-five years in the $400-$500 range? I live in central Virginia.

I'm not trying to get out of doing my homework, its just an overwhelming number of brands.......

Thanks for any thoughts.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!