Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladybuggy

BM Ivory White or Cloud White

Snuggle Mug Co
14 years ago

I know that this has been asked many times but I am really torn between BM Ivory white and cloud white. My trim will all be cloud white, however, it feels a bit too bright for the cabinets.

If I choose ivory white for the cabinets, how will it look against the cloud white trim? Is ivory white too yellow against cloud white?

Comments (10)

• judydel
    14 years ago

So far I have trim and doors and bead board painted cloud white. I don't think it too bright at all. I also have it for my cabinets but they aren't installed yet. I've looked at a couple of pieces and definitely don't consider them bright white at all. They are definitely creamy white. Hope that helps.

• happytobehome
    14 years ago

Kitchen is not yet finished, but here are my cabs painted Ivory White.

• judydel
    14 years ago

Here is a photo of Cloud White. You can see how creamy it is when beside the bright white sink.

• beekeeperswife
    14 years ago

I have the same granite as paintpanther and it was quite a dilemma for me to choose the paint color for my cabinets. I was leaning towards white down, liked the creaminess of it. But since we are using an oil based paint, I decided to go with white cloud because when it yellows (as promised by everyone on GW) it will "mellow" into a creamier color. Both colors look great with my granite so this is why I had such a hard time choosing. The granite has both cream & white in it. My cabinets are still "in process" in the garage, but I really do like it so far.

• paintpanther
    14 years ago

hey beekeeperswife, how about showing us some pictures?

• beekeeperswife
    14 years ago

Oh not yet! The doors are all hanging in the garage--waiting for their second coat! Let's just say that is quite a sight! I'm not putting any final coats on the cabinet frames inside until after the old counter is ripped out and the template is done. This should hopefully be next week. My main reason for this is because my teenagers can't seem to resist walking near the "forbidden area" in the kitchen. I think the sink is a magnet. There really is no reason to go near the cabinets since they are empty--but they just walk past the barrier I set up. I was a nervous wreck while the primer was drying! So once the sink is gone, maybe they will stay back! I can't wait to post some pictures--well hopefully it will look nice enough to share pictures!

Paintpanther--what are you doing for your backsplash? I really want to do dark chocolate brown, but not sure if that will be okay or not. "Too much like a tunnel" according to the tile "expert" at the showroom. And of course I am afraid of matching the cabinets due to the future "mellowing" of the paint. Too many choices.

• paintpanther
    14 years ago

i want to keep it bright so i most likely will do something light like white subway tiles. choc brown should be nice with our granite but it is too dark for my little kitchen. hurry up, we want to see your pictures!!

• PRO
    Snuggle Mug Co
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I can't believe how difficult it's been to make a decision on paint. Based on the photos, I think either color would look beautiful.

I thought that cloud white is a whiter than ivory white, however, the difference seems unoticable in the photos.

Do most people match their trim to the cabinets? or is it o.k. to keep them different?

• pluckymama
    14 years ago

Posting another pic of BM Ivory White on cabinets. The first pic is next to my white farm sink to show the difference in tone.

We did match the trim to the cabinets, but I think the Cloud White would work as trim next to the Ivory White as well. The Cloud White is slightly whiter than the Ivory White.