Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ebean_gw

my amex is burning a hole on my desk!!!

ebean
13 years ago

it's so hot ..........i haven't spent this much money in one day ever! and it's only deposits. but...and i'm pretty excited to post this: CABINETS ORDERED AND APPLIANCE DEPOSIT PAID!!!!!!!!! so i guess game on!

we're going with:

medallion gold painted divinity white (really off white) cabinetry

whirlpool gold 21.9 cf bottom freezer refridgerator (all appliances in stainless)

bosch evolution 300 dishwasher

BLUESTAR RNB 30" gas range with 8" trim and

kobe pro-style 30" under-cabinet hood.

we're seriously seriously seriously considering soapstone counters...we saw them today and my husband swooned. no glare - very natural but not a lot of fuss to them.

hardwood floor - to be determined but we were pulled to a very light american cherry. maple is under consideration also.

sink to be determined and faucet/water tap.

contractor is putting in 6 highhats and we'll probably hang 2 small pendants.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED. and this forum has been extremely useful - every day a new idea. ONWARD HO!!!!

Comments (9)

• Gina_W
    13 years ago

Congrats! And I hope your Amex gives you points or money back!

• plllog
    13 years ago

Yep. It's real. Congrats! Those points come in handy. Most of my remodel was by check. No points. :(

• ebean
    Original Author
    13 years ago

yes...i'm putting as much as i can on my amex just for the points. but we can't pay our contractor that way...sadly. and only $5k of the cabinets. the rest has to be checks. still...better than nothing.

• cardamon
    13 years ago

Sounds really, really nice. How long for your cabinets? I think the waiting time is as much fun as enjoying them afterward. At least for me. It's nice when decisions have been made and soon it will all be a reality that you wake up to and go to bed each nite saying I am so glad I did this!
    Congratulations on the first steps!

• allie22031
    13 years ago

Awesome! wait until those cabinet boxes arrive. very exciting all around. :)

Allie

• ebean
    Original Author
    13 years ago

the order actually goes to the company on monday. i hear 4-5 weeks. but the kitchen will be ripped out end of july - the contractor has 2-3 weeks of plumbing and wiring and windows, etc. to do before the cabinets come.
    allie22031: we picked a kitchen company in nj that my contractor adores...certified kitchens. so far they've been great. but what we're really loving is that they take delivery of the cabinets, inspect them and then they do their own installs of the cabinets. if it doesn't fit or it's not right, it's theirs to make right. let's just hope that works out.

• runninginplace
    13 years ago

Just had the same experience a couple of weeks ago. And I also couldn't put everything on the card--was hoping this kitchen remodel would provide a ticket to some great destination as a reward but sadly not everything can be charged.

Still, it is exhilarating to realize that weeks...months...YEARS of reading the forum, dreaming, planning and anticipation are finally going to end with an actual brand new kitchen.

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

We were having our card flagged practically ever day. Kind of annoying but glad to know the credit card company was on top of things to make sure fraud wasn't going on.

Just cashed in $950 of reward points! Kitchendaid stand mixer, Flip camcorder and Cuisinart commercial style ice cream maker.

Have fun!

• dyno
    13 years ago

We're near the end of our build and I tell ya, the airmiles keep comng. Lol

For sink, I love my kohler poise the the Stages that everyone raves about looks amazing and is not outrageously expensive.

Good luck and enjoy the process.