Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kruegesm

Show me your white kitchens with wood floors

kruegesm
10 years ago

Hi All,

I am fairly new here and have posted a few pictures of my work in progress kitchen. The next step is deciding on what color wood floors I would like.
Could you post pictures of your white kitchens with wood floors? I know Houzz has lots of pictures but I would like to see real kitchens! LOL

Also- do any of you wish you had gone with something other than wood?

Thanks so so much!

Comments (37)

• Bunny
    10 years ago

White cabs, dark gray quartz counters, red oak floor.

Sorry for the mess, real kitchen. :) My kitchen's small so it's hard to get a wide shot of it. My wood floor was in long before I had my kitchen updated. I love it, no problems or regrets. In fact, going from golden oak to white and gray was a bit of a shock with all that neutral staring me in the face. My floor gives much needed life and warmth to my kitchen.

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

Nope, I love the wood floor, it is all over the first floor, makes the place feel bigger because there is no visual break from hardwood to something else.

(hard to find a picture that shows the floor! Sorry this is an odd shot)

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Link below

Here is a link that might be useful: white kitchen with wood floors

• kruegesm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Linelle your kitchen is wonderful! it is not a mess- just real like you said! I also am looking forward to some warmth. My kitchen is not very large but needs the warmth.

• kruegesm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Beekeepers wife- your kitchen is beautiful! What kind of wood did you use?

• taggie
    10 years ago

This is our previous kitchen. Floors are jatoba (brazilian cherry). Loved them!

But after two homes with wood floor kitchens we decided on tile for our new kitchen this go-round. Only reason for our switch is big (huge) dogs that love to play in the snow all winter long and it was just too difficult to keep them laying exactly on their mats without rolling onto the floor with their soaking wet coats. Tile is better suited to our lifestyle now.

So assuming you don't have giant dogs living in winter climes, I would do hardwood for sure. :) Good luck!

• kruegesm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you! What a warm, bright, airy kitchen!

• soibean
    10 years ago

Here's mine. We put in red oak floors to match the rest of the house. So far no issues with them.

• bcafe
    10 years ago

Please excuse the temporary heat register. We have tigerwood.

• mfnJsb0809
    10 years ago

Here are my red oak floors- chosen match the rest of the house. They add lots of warmth.

• kruegesm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow - what beautiful red oak and tiger wood floors! I noticed that all of you went with classic colors. Is the red oak stained? We have old maple flooring in our dining room and living room and despite what others say...I probably cannot match it without spending a fortune which I do not have. I am not planning on moving. Those floors were sanded (26 year ago!!!) and natural color---first very light but more yellow with age... I do not mind some contrast. I posted a picture of the floors in the living room. I cannot have them refinished again for at least a few years until the kitchen update is done. They held up well with 4 kids and golden retrievers! There are two doors from the dining room to kitchen so there is some separation. Also, I believe in old houses they sometimes used something different in the kitchen. Part of the house was built in 1870 and part in 1930. If any of your have ideas I would love to hear them.

Do you think the dark almost black floors they show on Houzz are more of a fad? I do like the red and brown coloring in your floors!

Thank you for sharing---your kitchens are beautiful!

• westleyandbuttercup
    10 years ago

We have acacia. Sorry about the odd angle/lopsided photo. This is the weekend we moved in...it is no longer lacking signs real people live here. It is, however, still lacking a backsplash. I need to make a decision!

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

thanks, it is Mohawk oak, the color is Saddlebrook.

• Debbi Branka
    10 years ago

Love the hardwood floors - they're easy and I think look great.

• Maura Kortlang
    10 years ago

Red oak installed throughout first floor in the mid 1990s - we love it in the kitchen! (Refinished last week as part of our kitchen and DR reno. Stain is MinWax "provincial" in satin finish.)

• michelle16
    10 years ago

mannington blue ridge hickory-honeytone color floor/ white dove white cabinets

• Gooster
    10 years ago

I have quarter (rift) sawn white oak in beveled planks that are various widths and lengths. The original 1930s floor was patched to the new area. The seam is near the middle of the fridge in this shot. A lighter color was chosen because the island is a medium tone and a dark tone would not match the rest of the home.

• flyingkite
    10 years ago

White kitchen with Azul Aran granite countertops, red oak floors.

White kitchen with Azul Aran granite countertops

• kruegesm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

All of your kitchens are so beautiful! thank you

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

I loved looking at all these beautiful white kitchens giving me ideas. Thank you!

• Ilene Perl
    10 years ago

My floor is bamboo strand.

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Here's my brand new Hickory floors. I hope they hold up! I love the sound my Corgis feet make on them.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Ilene84, I love your new bamboo strand floors! I also love the drawers and cabinets you have in the kitchen and the hardware. Is the white called Linen? I really like it.

Sanjuangirl, I love your hickory floors especially the various widths and the colors!

• Ilene Perl
    10 years ago

Thanks! Cabinets are BM Canvas. The floor is over a year old, I have no scratches, one bad nick when something heavy and sharp fell, but was able to touch up with furniture marker.

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Oops double post

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by sanjuangirl on Mon, Aug 12, 13 at 10:14

• Megan Meyers
    10 years ago

BM Mascarpone with Tigerwood. The floors are a few years old, so they have darkened with UV exposure.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Ilene-84, thank you for letting me know that your cabinets are painted canvas and the floors are bamboo strand that has held up so well.

MeyersDVM, I love your gorgeous Tigerwood floors and your beautiful cabinets.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

White cabs painted BM Simply White, Carrara perimeter, black walnut island, and site-finished white oak floors.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Breezygirl, I have always loved your kitchen. I love the cabinet style doors, the white color, the island, all the windows and your gorgeous counter. Your floors also are wonderful and so are your gorgeous appliances. Thank you again for sharing.

• kruegesm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Such wonderful kitchens. My husband and I had decided to go with a maple merlot...and now it appears under the two layers of vinyl there is most likely maple floors covered by a thin layer of old linoleum with tar paper...and possibly asbestos.

I am going to get it tested...but now I love the merlot maple and the contrast with the birdseye maple in the other rooms on that floor!

• scng127
    10 years ago

I love all the white cabs and hardwood flooring here! linelle, may i know the color of your white cabs? Thanks!

• 2LittleFishies
    10 years ago

Here are mine-- love the wood : )

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

2LittleFishies, I love your cabinets. Can you tell me more about them. Your floors are gorgeous also.

Scng127, Linelle's cabinets are painted BM Cloud White if I remember correctly and I love the color also which was what I was going to use if I painted my cabinets.

• Nancy Freedle
    8 years ago

What is the island counter top?

• oldbat2be
    8 years ago

Fishies - what a stunning picture, love it! Hope your new career is going (what else?) swimmingly:)

• 2LittleFishies
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Thanks! Well, I am baking for people part time, teaching 2 mornings/week, and I started to homeschool our kids this year… SO pretty busy! Thanks!

Hope you're well!

Facebook.com/ValsBakingStation