Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sasicn_gw

Backsplash input for Bianco Antico!!

sasicn
12 years ago

Hi, any thoughts are appreciated!

We have off white cabinets (Canyon Creek ICING color)with Bianco Antico granite countertops. Dark Espresso island with the same granite. Stainless appliances and dark walnut hardwood floors. What do you think of Thassos marble backsplash?? Subway pattern. Thanks!!

Comments (10)

• dianalo
    12 years ago

I picture the Thassos as more of a white-white and not an off-white. I think they may clash.... Your materials may look different than what I have seen as natural stone can vary greatly, but I'd make sure to see them together at several times of the day.

• ellendi
    12 years ago

I agree with dianalo. A decorator "corrected" me when I asked about white in granite. She said, only marble is white! White is not in granite. (Meaning off white, creams etc.)
    You need to look at a GW favorite, beekeeperswife's kitchen. Also she recommended a taupe tile to another GW. I am sure bee will see this and let you know the name of that tile. Both look great with the BA.

• redroze
    12 years ago

You cannot match the color flexibIlity of choosing a manmade bacjsplash (ex. Ceramic) over the inflexibility of natural stone (marble). Even if you see a sample of the thassos, the lots vary considerably. I went with a handmade ceramic with grey undertones which looks more interesting and varied than regular ceramic, but goes with my BA really well. Lots of people thought it was natural stone at first!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Reno Blog

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

srg215's kitchen has Mandala tile in Stingray. The taupe works great with the BA. Do a google search for "srg215 backsplash", you will find photos.

I used beveled arabesque tiles in white. For some reason if you haven't seen the photos, I'll post one.

Everyone....avert your eyes, here it is again.

• enduring
    12 years ago

BKW, Your kitchen is always beautiful to look at! What is the old saying?..."A thing of beauty is a joy forever".

• sasicn
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for your help!
    @ Redroze and Bee: I have seen your beautiful kitchens many times on this forum, and has been the source of valuable inspiration!! Love both your backsplashes. My cabs are a soft white (white with a hint of yellow). Do you think a greyish backsplash (redroze)or white backsplash (bee) will work? I have been looking for a soft white....who knew there were so many shades of white?? LOL.

• ecf1216
    12 years ago

Sasicn,
    We plan to go with Bianco Antico for our countertops (choosing that is the topic of a different post!). While out looking one day, we found a tile we really liked for the backsplash. Of course, we haven't even chosen the granite yet, so it may not work at all, but here is a link if you'd like to take a look...

Here is a link that might be useful: White backsplash

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

gray and yellow are wonderful together. My cabinets are painted BM Cloud White, however they are oil based and they mellowed into a creamier white. Still looks good with the white. You need to get some samples and look at different options in your kitchen. Is your counter installed? If not, don't rush, wait for it and then start the b/s search.

• boxerpups
    12 years ago

Here are some ideas...
    ~boxerpups

{{!gwi}}

A great pic with yellow and gray together