Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kadiekins_gw

Anyone have Rev-a-shelf drawer style ironing board???

kadiekins
12 years ago

Does anyone have one of the Rev-a-shelf drawer type ironing board? I didn't find any reviews for this type of ironing board and would love to know if people like them. I realize that this isn't really a kitchen question but someone might have one in their kitchen and there is such a wealth of knowledge here.

Comments (7)

• doggonegardener
    12 years ago

I was really looking at doing this one from Hafele. I looked at the Rev A Shelf but liked this one better because it swiveled to go to either side and it ran in line with my cabinet fronts rather than jutting out into my space. I ended up not doing one at all at this point but it was HIGH on the list initially. Now I plan to put this in my laundry room (I don't do much ironing so a small compact board is perfect for me and currently I end up ironing in my kitchen as we just have a laundry 'closet' so the plan was to put this in my kitchen but things have changed a bit since then.)

HTH

Here is a link that might be useful: Haefele Home

• zelmar
    12 years ago

We have an Ikea one, which is similar to the Rev-a-Shelf, in our laundry room. I kept our large ironing board handy, just in case, but I haven't opened it since installing the drawer one several years ago (I'll admit I don't iron a lot in general.) The only complaint I have is that the drawer and mounting hardware stop garments from hanging freely under the board as I iron the part of the garment on the board. But I've gotten used to it and really love the board.

• kadiekins
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the information. We are in the middle of a renovation and I woke up in the middle of the night last night thinking I hadn't thought of where to put an ironing board! That thought kept me up the rest of the night worrying about it! I'll be lucky to live through this renovation to enjoy the 'new' house! What would I do if I had real problems?

• kashmi
    12 years ago

We have this one from Rockler. It's a wall mount, though, which may not be what you are looking for. My only complaint is that it is short, but that's not unique to this type of ironing board. Still, consider what you'll be ironing before going with a short board.

This version is quite heavy, and it's not cheap. But the folding and swivel mechanisms are flawless. We've had it for about 5 years now and it's been great.

From Ironing Board

• jayjay_teacher
    12 years ago

I have one and it has worked well for us. We did not have room in our laundry area for an ironing board, so one stayed up either in the kitchen or one of the bedrooms. When we redid our kitchen, that was one thing my husband asked for. We don't do a lot of ironing, but many times we have to press something before we wear it. You have to pull kind of hard when you pull it out of the cabinets, but nothing too bad. I worried that the aisle would not be wide enough for it, but no problems there. Just be sure you measure your clearance. I also worried about the length of husband's jeans. He wears a 34 length, but we haven't had a problem with that either. We have an island in the middle and if someone is using the ironing board, then you can easily go around the other side of the island. We keep the iron in the island where it is easily accessible. Probably not the best situation, but it was the best we could do, and I have not regretted it. I got the idea from Gibby.

• kadiekins
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you again for your responses. Though I don't do a lot of ironing, I do touch ups most mornings before I dress for work so I wanted to make sure these were sturdy enough. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know how you liked the ones you have.

• lesleyintn
    12 years ago

I had one in my laundry room and donated it to charity when we renovated. I found that I really didn't like the fact that it was so short. I find ironing much easier on a regular ironing board. I do have a wall unit in my bedroom closet that I love! It is perfect for the quick touchup that you mentioned.