Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rmlanza

lightlystarched...did you order that wallpaper backsplash?

rmlanza
15 years ago

Just curious how it's turning out for you? And I wanted to thank you for posting about it. I mentioned in your post how much I loved the birds on a branch wall sticker from that Ferm site. Well I had just painted my dining room and being a big lover of birds I thought I would order that sticker. But then I thought, being that it cost $100, that I could just paint it on myself. If I didn't like it then I'd just paint over it and I wouldn't be losing out on $100 plus shipping! So I wanted to show you my results...oh, and since there are 5 people in my family I left off the last bird on the branch. Anyway, maybe you'd want to think about painting a mural for a backsplash instead of wallpapering it, then you could cover it with clear glass to protect it or wall paper over it if you didn't like it. The trees wouldn't be hard to paint at all. Here's my birds on a branch mural:

And okay, so I liked it so much I added another bird flying in from the corner:

And one on the door frame between the kitchen and dining room:

Now I'm working on my formal living room that we use as the kid's playroom but still want to look like a living room. It is separated from the dining room by the white wood archway you can see in the flying bird picture. I'm thinking of painting a big tree silhouette in there. You really got me going on this! Thanks for posting that site, just loved their stuff and it really gave me some fun ideas! And mine were FREEEEE!!!

Robin

Here is a link that might be useful: Ferm Living

Comments (8)