Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amarantha_gw

Looking for this kind of bridge faucet - show me pics of your's

amarantha
13 years ago

We are getting close to install of countertops and sink and so now I need to make a final decision and order my faucets. My main 30" clean up sink (soapstone) will be centered under a window and I've been looking at bridge faucets but don't think I want a tall goose neck in front of the window. Here is one that I saw in the Sunset Kitchen design book. There was no information on it though.

I like the old fashioned look to it but can't find one like it. I did find one very similar by Strom Plumbing that has cross handles rather than lever handles which I prefer- here and linked below . I also want a side spray which this doesn't have.

Or this is another possibility by Kohler, but it is the tall goose neck which I'm not sure about.

Please share your pics of bridge faucets or other suggestions. I originally wanted the Kohler Essex but my DH didn't care for it and since then I've been liking the bridge faucets for the space.

I also will have a prep sink on the island that will have a pull-down spray (thinking of something similar to Kohler Vinnata, not sure yet, it seems bigger and chunkier than I wanted). I'll make that another post.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bridge faucet by Strom Plumbing on ChicagoFaucetShoppe.com

Comments (17)

• oldhousegal
    13 years ago

Many of the old house type of suppliers have faucets similar to that one. Rejuvenation had that exact faucet on sale last January- I nearly bought it, but thought the $350 price tag was a bit steep (sale price)!

Try signature hardware: www.signaturehardware.com/class275

or www.shop4classics.com/product.asp?lid=2018 (I think this is the one you are looking for).

For googling, type in wall mount classic kitchen faucet and you'll bring up all sorts of ideas. I have a wall mount Grohe that I love, but it has cross handles.

Good Luck!

• Fori
    13 years ago

Check out Chicago Faucets. I bet that's what the first two are. I had one. I don't think their residential faucets are as easy to get as they were a few years ago but they are very well built.

• User
    13 years ago

The first two photos look to me like an assemblage of Chicago Faucets components (though the handle levers are not familiar to me after my recent perusals of their site.) Chicago Faucets has an interesting build-your-own faucet option, which is, I think, one way to get the faucet you've shown.

I have to admit that I find their online product configurator somewhat confusing, so if I decide on this style (for exactly the reasons you mention) I think I'll give a picture to my contractor and plumber and let them work out the ordering.

Good luck with your search.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chicago Faucets

• pinkpink1970
    13 years ago

I have the Parq bridge faucet by Kohler,it's beautiful but I hate it! It splashes everywhere...a good 3 foot radius of splash !
    My contractor threw out the aertor key that came with the faucet, I'm hoping that once I get another key from Kohler it will help.

• Fori
    13 years ago

Yep--they used to have things so much easier to locate on their website as they had products that were more targeted towards residential use. This is one of their "stock" options that looks like the wall mount version of one of the above:

I had one with a double jointed J spout and white ceramic handles that you now must get separately.

• amarantha
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the links everyone. I am looking for a deck mount faucet, not wall faucet though and I'm only finding them with the cross handles.

oldhousegal, I couldn't find anything on Rejuvenation. Any help on that would be most appreciated. Signature hardware may have some possibilities.

fori and mnerg, I thought they looked like Chicago faucets too. Maybe they used to have it with lever handles but not anymore? Again, I need a deck mount, not wall mount. That's what all those are above. I think it would be too difficult and expensive to change plumbing. uhhh, just thinking about that makes me groan.

pinkpink, I think that Kohler Parq is a beauty too. I wish it weren't so high though.

I'll keep looking. But please let me know if anyone has other ideas.

• artemis78
    13 years ago

That looks like Chicago Faucets to me, too. We have an almost identical one sitting in our living room waiting to be installed (though ours is wall-mount). :) I don't think they still sell that design in deck-mount for kitchens anymore, but you can buy a lab faucet and swap out the neck and handles very easily (or even order it in individual parts). (Don't get too hung up on their categories---ours is technically a food service faucet, but it's perfect for what we need!) The Chicago faucet parts are completely interchangeable---ours came with levers but our local plumbing store sells about a dozen handle variations that you just buy individually and screw on. You just unscrew the cross handles and put on levers or porcelain or whatever you like. Ditto for the various neck shapes---it's a pretty handy little system!

Here is a link that might be useful: Chicago Faucets lab faucet

• mamabear2010
    13 years ago

I love bridge faucets and decided on one for myself, too (after thinking I really wanted a pull-down)! The one you found has an usual curve to it - I've never seen that before - it is really unique. Are you looking for that similar shape and simply style or are you open to others that might seem more "fancy"?

• mamabear2010
    13 years ago

OK - I have been obsessing over this. I couldn't find the exact one, but check these out.

This one is my favorite:

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/Chicago-Faucets-540-LDDJ13-374SSCPR-Deck-Mount-Sink-Faucet-Polished-Chrome/48276/Cat/1078

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/Chicago-Faucets-540-LD372SSCPR-Deck-Mount-Sink-Faucet-Polished-Chrome/48272/Cat/1078

Those are the Chicago Faucet, deck-mount with levers and the same "base" style as the one you pictured above. Once on the site, you can click on the 2-handle faucets category at the top and there are lots more to look at (different brands, etc).

Here is a link that might be useful: Chicago Faucet #1

• artemis78
    13 years ago

Also, a trick with Chicago Faucets---those ridiculously long model numbers are codes, with different letters and numbers signifying different components (which neck, what size, which fittings, which handles, etc.). If you study it for a bit you can get a handle on the code and figure out what to search for to get the specific combo you want.

• oldhousegal
    13 years ago

Amarantha- so sorry, I meant to say that Rejuvenation isn't carrying faucets anymore. I think they have one or two in their retail stores, but nothing online. Their prices are way higher than other online stores though.

OK, I thought you wanted wall mount, but I looked some more at shop4classics.com here's what I found in deck mount (see link below).

Also, if you go to this page: http://www.shop4classics.com/category.asp?cid=2
    you will see quite a few to choose from.

I have a Strom Plumbing shower set on my clawfoot tub, and after 5 years installed and used daily, it looks gorgeous as the day I put it in. I'm sure their kitchen faucets are similar quality.

I am thankful for the links in the replies here though, as I've been looking at Rohl faucets for my kitchen remodel, but am liking some of these instead- much better prices too!

Here is a link that might be useful: Strom Plumbing

• oldhousegal
    13 years ago

Oops! Forgot to tell you that Strom Plumbing parts are interchangeable too- so you can get the lever handles on your faucet if you want- just call customer service of the company that sells them and you can order them.

• amarantha
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks mamabear! They are unique faucets and I am really liking them too. Functional with an interesting and appealing look to me. I like the curve to the spout and the angled supply arms. I've been looking again at these sites,thanks for linking. I like the ones you posted too but I do need a little bit of height on the spout.

artemis, thanks for the tip on the codes. I am searching now and trying to build it how I want and similar to the first photos I posted above.

Looking again at the configurator to see if I can get a faucet that I like without having to move pipes. Although it would be nice to not have holes in the soapstone, I don't think there is enough room on the wall underneath the window sill. I'm not sure how much room you need for a wall mount. Also, I'm trying to figure how high the faucet spout will be above the sink. I want to make sure it is arched high enough (but don't need it as high as the goose neck ones)

Again, thanks everyone for your input. It is very helpful.
    I'll post an update if I find something.

• amarantha
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi oldhousegal, I missed your reply - I was researching and then replying. Thanks for the followup on Rejuvenation. I wondered if that was the case that they no longer carried them. I've looked at their site for lighting and I bet the faucets were great. Oh well..

Thanks for the link to that faucet. I do like the Strom ones I've seen too (one above in my first link is by strom). That one you linked is nice - I like the bridge so will consider that one too. Good to know that their parts are interchangeable so I could get those lever handles which are classic. Also glad to hear you are still happy with your shower set. After looking at these faucets this week I sort of wish I had put these in the bathroom. Another oh well...

Oh , another question now - can I add a side spray. I didn't see this as option so will need to research that.

Thanks again All!
    I hope this doesn't double post, the site keeps rejecting it. Sorry if multiple posts.

• artemis78
    13 years ago

Not sure what the minimum space for a wall-mount would be, but we have about 5" between counter and window moulding and that's more than enough; you could probably get away with a bit less.

Also, if it helps, if those are Chicago Faucets in the photos, the neck is the 9 1/2" swing spout. In our kitchen it looks like it will hit right about the center of our sink. (We've had the faucet up but not the sink yet, but measured it out...so we'll see!) Our old faucet was a similar style spout and we really liked it---tall enough to swing out of the way of large dishes but not gooseneck.

You can add a side spray; Chicago makes them for the wall-mounts and I imagine the same or similar spray works for the deck mounts too, but you'd have to look at how it attaches. Because their site is a mess, you have to search for the option to find it, and then just make sure it uses the same connections your faucet has. On the wall-mount it isn't quite as neat as with a traditional faucet---hose has to wrap around and hang somewhere---but you might avoid that problem with the deck-mount since you can run the connection underneath.

• tanders
    13 years ago

here's a link to another site with the more vintage-looking faucets....

Here is a link that might be useful: Mac the Antique Plumber

• amarantha
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks tanders for that link. I've been looking and it showed some other possibilities.

artemis, we have 2" between countertop and window trim . So maybe next time I'll design with that in mind. Plus it would mean moving the pipes and at this point I don't think a good idea. ;)

Thanks artemis for the side spray information. Plumbing supply house is checking into the spray option for me but so far no word on that. I didn't see an option on the Chicago website for faucet that has one either. But will keep looking.

Thanks for all the help!