Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tartanhabit_gw

Please help me find a nice modern faucet!

tartanhabit
16 years ago

I'm going a little nuts on this one and would love any input on finding a faucet for a kitchen sink that will probably be around 28 x 16.

I am open to ones with spray pull outs or separate side sprays.

Don't want:

(and no offence intended for anyone who has these features):

No plastic for spray mechanism. This is what I'm really trying to avoid but most faucets seem to have this.

Not a super high arch.

Would like:

Modern, simple, unfussy.

Any ideas? Would be so so grateful as I've been stuck on this for ages.

Comments (25)

• epicure
    16 years ago

I have the Grohe minta on both of the sinks in my modern kitchen. It has no plastic spray mechanism and Its arch is 13" from the countertop and 9" from its point of operation, if that makes sense. I wish I could post a picture for you. You can view it on the Grohe website. I am very happy with mine.

• meg711
    16 years ago

This is our faucet which was picked out by the builder before we bought this house, and I consider to be modern:

The photo was taken during construction, before grouting, so ignore the mess. It's KWC, from the Domo collection, I believe.

Here is a link that might be useful: KWC

• abbycat9990
    16 years ago

Sorry it's not a close-up. This faucet is a Hans Grohe. Purchased at HD Expo.

This one is a Price Pfister "Contempra".

These are my first pull-out and pull-down sprayers. They are not totally smooth in retracting the hoses.

• tartanhabit
    Original Author
    16 years ago

mmm, I like these!

Abbycat, would you happen to know what the Hansgrohe faucet is called so I could look up a picture please?

Meg, do you have experience of KWC? I've been considering something similar to the domo.

Epicure, how do you like the spray down part of that faucet? Does it click nice and secure back in place? Very stylish.

Thanks!

• muscat
    16 years ago

Brizo venuto:

{{!gwi}}

Hansgrohe Allegro:

{{!gwi}}

• meg711
    16 years ago

Hi. I don't have experience with it except that we've used it since February with no problems. It's a pull-out and retracts beautifully. You'll love this: DH saw me using the pull-out spay part a couple weeks ago and said that he didn't know our faucet could do that. They're so oblivious sometimes!

• bbstx
    16 years ago

Look at the Kohler Evoke

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Evoke

• pinktoes
    16 years ago

hansgrohe's Axor line for the kitchen are mostly modern. Link below is to their Stark faucet. Also look at Uno.

Here is a link that might be useful: Axor- Stark line

• hedygs
    16 years ago

We like our Hamat Ergo faucet. We didn't want a separate side spray because we needed holes in our granite for too much already. Some of the other suggestions are also great!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hamat

• tartanhabit
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Meg that's hilarious!

These are definitely in the right vein folks. I guess I'm in faucet sticker shock too.

Here's one I've found, Jado Glance - Do you think 7 7/8" is a little short for a large sink (16" x 28").

Here is a link that might be useful: Is this faucet too short for a large sink?

• tartanhabit
    Original Author
    16 years ago

bump ... any thoughts on my question in last post above? Thanks.

• teedup1
    16 years ago

The height of that Jado is not too bad if you don't want one of the currently popular taller faucets. But the reach of this Jado at 7+ inches is pretty short. A nine- to ten-inch reach for a large sink would be better.

• raehelen
    16 years ago

Sorry,

But Meg my first reaction would have been,

"What, you didn't know it would do this....
    and guess where the spray at full blast would have gone?"

Your hubby wins the prize- that's for sure!

But reading that made my day! LOL!

• kulagal
    16 years ago

Meg711: I really like your granite and backsplash - would love details! Very attractive! We are doing a contemporary/arts & crafts design and this looks great. Thanks very much!

• abbycat9990
    16 years ago

Sorry, I can't identify the specific model. pinktoes' link leads to a very good likeness. Our installers didn't save the box or installation guide, and I don't seem to have the receipt anymore.

• meg711
    16 years ago

Thanks kulagal,

The granite is called Colonial Cream, but I've been told by another poster that that quarry is now closed so I don't know how available it is. I had seen bundles of Colonial Gold and Antique Gold with similar coloring.

The tiles are all by Daltile. The 3x6 subways are in their Rittenhouse line, as are the 2x4 subways that are over the rangetop. I used 4x4 tiles with 2x2 cut-outs from their Fashion Accent line, and the 2x2 bubbly glass tiles are also FA.

Truthfully if I had to do it over, I think I would have picked a lighter glass tile because when you surround the glass, it cuts off so much light and they appear darker than I had envisioned. But luckily the granite has several colors of brown and our island is darker than our cabinets so it looks fine--just not what I had anticipated.

raehelen,
    That would have been hilarious. I wish I had thought of it. I was just biting my tongue to not say something sarcastic or insulting.

Here is a link that might be useful: daltile

• epicure
    16 years ago

I love the pull-down sprayer; in fact, it's one of the reasons I chose the faucet. It clicks into place very securely and looks like it's part of the faucet.

• kulagal
    16 years ago

Meg711: you mentioned the Daltile over your rangetop and using glass tile from Fashion Accent but saw only your sink area. Do you have more photos of your kitchen? It sounds lovely. This was a tease wasn't? : )

• quantumkitten
    16 years ago

Tartanhabit, I'm in the exact same position as you are: looking for a modern faucet with a pull-out or side spray and not too high an arc. I've been agonizing far too much about this. I think I've looked at just about every modern faucet by a major manufacturer.

My current short list includes the Grohe Minta mentioned above (pull-out dual spray):

{{!gwi}}

the Grohe Essence (pull-out single spray):

{{!gwi}}

and the Blanco Ziros (separate side spray):

In general, I like Grohe and Blanco best among faucet manufacturers, although I wish that Blanco made more faucets with an integrated spray as opposed to a separate side spray. I also like a lot of Newform's designs, but they're an Italian company and their products aren't as widely available here (you can see some of their faucets at this site, which is easier to browse than the Newform site).

Good luck with your quest.

• mindstorm
    16 years ago

And to lead off of quantumkitchen's point, I have the Newform Xtrend faucet from the very site quantum linked to:

The soap dispenser is KWC and goes well with the faucet.

The Newform soap dispenser was truly wonderful as it had a very long spout that reached deep into the sink. But we'd purchased and were using them for a couple of years before the remodel and both worked great then. However, something went awry in the 6 or so months that the soap unit sat disconnected during the remodel and the soap unit never worked as well once it was put back in in the new kitchen. After about another year or so we replaced it but decided to go with the KWC. I seriously deliberated getting another coordinating Newform one because the long spout was so terribly functional - and cool looking. But no complaints at all on the KWC dispenser.

• teedup1
    16 years ago

Have you checked MicoDesigns.com faucets. I love mine--got the Profilli #7766 pullout. It is "only" 12-9/16" tall and has great reach into the sink bowl. (I also got the soap dispenser shown and it's marvelous too.) Both together well under $400.

• beachmusic
    16 years ago

Been following this thread. Mindstorm - which finish is your Newform Xtrend? Looks like 'brushed silver' or SS. Have selected the Orca sink as well and looking for just the right faucet. The Franke 1450 is nice, but somehow doesn't seem the right scale for the sink. Yours looks terrific. No hijacking intended Tartanhabit. I understand your quest. Great faucets are hard to find! Thanks!

• mindstorm
    16 years ago

beachmusic, Thanks for your comments! I have the stainless steel faucet (and soap disp.). I like it; in my undelicate but very spare kitchen, the solidity of the stainless steel fits well. But then there's No bling in my room :-) That said, the brushed silver is a good look too - attractive no doubt. However, it would be good to find out what that material is - don't want it to be something that may peel. That was the reason I stuck to SS.

• tartanhabit
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just saw this thread got picked up again - glad others find it useful.

I don't know why this should seem like such a tough decision. I hope I don't have this much trouble when I start looking at toilets for the bathroom (just a few weeks back I was saying, 'it's just a faucet') I'm decisioned out.

Thank you teedup and quantum for the links - those are new sites to me. Mindstorm, I love your kitchen!

• meg711
    16 years ago

LOL Kulagal,

That wasn't a tease--just didn't know if additional photos would be a hijack. Here's a photo of the stove area from further away:

and then a close-up showing the herringbone pattern with inset diamond:

It's not a very common backsplash pattern but it works for us.