Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rebaw_gw

WHere everyone hails from, Part II

rebaw
14 years ago

other thread was filled with 150 so starting another..this is fun.

Born in Anaheim, CA next door to Disneyland. Now in Sonoma County, CA.

Comments (124)

• datura-07
    14 years ago

Born and raised in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. Live in the country near Madison, Wisconsin and in the summer spend as much time as possible on our boat in Port Washington, Wisconsin. Hate Wisconsin winters - try to get away as much as possible.

• azmelt
    14 years ago

Born, raised and lived in Montana--Bitteroot Valley girl, then Great Falls. We just moved 6 years ago to the Sonoran Desert outside Tucson, AZ. I don't miss the Montana winters!

• nancyaustin
    14 years ago

Born and raised in Topeka, Kansas but have lived in Austin, Texas for over 30 years.

• allison0704
    14 years ago

I was born and raised about 35 miles from where I'm currently living, just outside Birmingham, Alabama. Our home is in a Double Oak mountain valley, Appalachian Mountains.

To that Gator fan above --> Roll Tide!

• notadesigner
    14 years ago

Hey there pinchme and midwestmama....
    Born and raised in a small town west of Dubuque IA and have lived in Cedar Rapids IA now since I was 18 (hate to admit it but 28 years later....) Flood of 2008 took our kitchen remodel money and we had to re-save so its now almost complete in 2010! Counters go in next Tuesday. Had to cut back on a few things since I wanted the kitchen done more than I wanted to keep saving so no recessed lighting, using 4 inches of granite for backsplash instead of 18 inches of tile, no heated floors (in Iowa...brrrr), etc. Still happy and debt free when its done! :)

• aiallega
    14 years ago

Born and raised in West Chicago, IL. Moved to Evansville, IN -the southern tip of IN- to attend U of Evansville (a veeeery long time ago) and have lived here ever since.

• marcy96
    14 years ago

Born in Brooklyn, NY, lived in Manhattan, NYC, for many years and then moved to Middletown, NJ to raise our children.

• carolinesmom
    14 years ago

Hi all - hailing from Spring Valley OH (southwestern). Raised in KY, college in Virginia's blue ridge mountains, lived in Norfolk VA for 6 years, then Las Vegas, then SC, now OH (for good).

• kitchenredo08
    14 years ago

Lived in Ottawa, Ontario - the capital city of Canada for the past 40 years. Spent the first 10 years of life as an Air Force brat and moved around

• mastiffmom_85
    14 years ago

Another lurker here...

I'm apparently forever glued to central Oklahoma. Currently in OKC, but moving north to Edmond (and into a new construction kitchen - still in the paper stage) in a year or two.

Love this forum!

• Jodi_SoCal
    14 years ago

Born in Seattle, WA. Grew up in Saratoga in Northern CA. Moved to Southern CA (Orange County) when I married at 20. Been in the OC ever since. That would be 36 years.

• mybrowneyedgirls
    14 years ago

Columbus, Ohio. My entire life. Now my family (sisters, brothers and parents) all live in Orlando. I always thought I'd love to move there, but my kids love the winters here. And that whole job thing keeps us here :)

• toecracker
    14 years ago

Born and raised in London, Ontario. Now waking up daily in God's Country - rural Nova Scotia

• Melissa Houser
    14 years ago

Born in Kentucky, lived in WV while growing up, along with assorted other towns my mom drug us through. Moved to Ft Pierce, FL when I was 12, then to OKC for 9 years with my military hubby, then back to FL...and I'm not leaving again!!!

• shelayne
    14 years ago

Born and raised in the Twin Cities (Minnesota), but moved around as a flight attendant. Lived a short time in Miami, then New York (Queens), then to Maryland (outside of Bal'more, Hon). I moved back home in the early 90s, met my hubby, bought a house, had babies, started remodeling, yada yada yada... ;^)

• jolynna
    14 years ago

I'm in north central Indiana and in the same place as Patches_02's daughter and Hostagrams. It is hard to believe there are 3 of us from that small community on this site.

• okhouse
    14 years ago

I was born in Ames, Iowa, went to college in Kansas (go Jayhawks!!) and have lived in Southern California since 1969. We are now living in Ventura County, California, where we built our ultimate home.

• alicia58801
    14 years ago

I had to pipe up and represent North Dakota!

• kimmieb
    14 years ago

Born in a small town in Louisiana, moved to Houston, Atlanta, now in Baton Rouge to stay... That is until I retire in 20 years and move to a beach somewhere.

Geaux Tigers.

• 3bebe
    14 years ago

Born in Louisiana, married and moved to Pensacola, FL, then Little Rock, AR, then Baton Rouge, LA, then Phoenix, AZ and live now in Richmond, VA for the last 7 years! All these moves in 17 years, may be moving to Atlanta soon! Very interesting seeing where everyone is from! I was suprised at so many from Louisiana! Geaux Tigers and Saints!

• km5tq
    14 years ago

I was born and raised in Tulsa, OK and have not ventured very far. We live about 20-25 miles from Tulsa now.

• allora
    14 years ago

Born and raised in NE Ohio, spent a little time in Italy and have been in Southern California and loving it for 6 years.

• dredpir8
    14 years ago

This is sooo cool!

Born in Morocco, lived in Ohio, Florida, North Carolina (most my childhood), Japan, Colorado, California, France and then back to Chapel Hill, North Carolina to raise my kids.

• John Liu
    14 years ago

A New Yorker by birth. Lived Midwest (Ilinois), France (Paris and Strasbourg), Canada (Vancouver BC), New Jersey, California (LA and SF Bay), now in sunny warm Oregon.

• tarhlfan
    14 years ago

Go Heels! Sorry, I couldn't resist. Born, raised and still here in Charlotte, NC.

• dawn_t
    14 years ago

Canadian prairies - Brrrrrrr

• jaybird
    14 years ago

Central Texas where it is a beautiful day in the neighborhood........

• julie92
    14 years ago

Born in Pickens County, SC and have lived here in Liberty about a mile from where I was raised except for a yr in Greenwood, SC and 7 miles away in Clemson, SC while in college. Graduate of Clemson University's College of Nursing. Work close by and love raising my kids in my small town. Wouldn't ever think of leaving. Low crime, quiet area, great schools, 4 hrs to the beach, and less than an hour to the mountains of NC. All 4 beautiful seasons.

Go Tigers!!!!
    Julie

• kitchenconfidential2
    14 years ago

Greenwich Village, NYC childhood.
    After College: Upper East Side NYC, then Midtown NYC.
    Adult: Westchester, Bronxville Manor
    Now: Connecticut, Fairfield County and rarely drive into the City.

• lolauren
    14 years ago

I grew up in Rogue River, Oregon (southern Oregon)

I now live in Eastern / Central Washington -- Tri-Cities area

:) I'd be happily surprised to find someone else from this area on here...

• donnakay2009
    14 years ago

Okay, lolauren, we're still in Medford, and our son and DIL live in Moses Lake. Rogue River is gorgeous! I'm sure we know many of the same people.

• ponderous1
    14 years ago

I was born in Libertyville, IL but moved to Washington State as an infant and have lived here ever since, with the exception of 1 year in Beaverton, OR.

I am am currently in the city of Olympia, which is the state capital.

• mbarbie
    14 years ago

Born and raised in Southwestern CT

• lolauren
    14 years ago

Donnakay2009 ---- I saw that you were in Medford, and that made me smile (I'll be down there in a couple weeks to visit family.) That is funny that your son is in Moses Lake, though! :)

• bireland
    14 years ago

Born and raised in The Pocono Mtns. of Pennsylvania, lived in NYC for 7 years, then out to New Jersey. Married and we moved to Mexico for 5 years, then Bethesda, MD, then back to NJ. Lots of different kitchens...raised in a hotel, skinny little NYC apt. kitchen, house kitchens (in Mexico, with a maid), now renovating our cottage-style house.

• mountaineergirl
    14 years ago

Born and raised here in West by God Virginia, overlooking the beautiful Ohio River. Wished we had internet 12 years ago when building our home, well I guess we had dial-up haha!

Pia - I know you from VINOW.com forum!! I went to STT a few years back and spent a day on beautiful STJ!!

Lissa - where in WV did you live? anywhere near Mason County?

this is an interesting thread :)

• pugrolls
    14 years ago

Born and raised in Seattle. Lived in SoCal for 4 years, DC for one year, and now am back home. Queen Anne is my 'hood.

• positano
    14 years ago

Raised in Concord, Mass till high school

College in Rhode Island and Arizona

Back to Boston for 5 years

Then To NYC for the next 12, loved living on the UES. We had kids and it became too expensive. So now we live in Northern NJ, about 25 minutes from the city. Someday I'm moving back!!

• Jodi_SoCal
    14 years ago

Lolauren, my brother lives in Richland and works on the Hanford cleanup project. I've been there on business (Hanford related as well). Does that count? :-)

Pugrolls, I was born in Seattle (Providence) and lived in View Ridge/Sand Point area. Been in So. Calif. for 37 years. Still miss the rain.

Jodi-

• keptoz
    14 years ago

Born & raised in Southern Connecticut - up to mid/upstate NY for college, down to Virginia for grad school & now living in the Philadelphia area.

• kathec
    14 years ago

Ooh, fun.
    Born in Newport Beach, CA, lived in Santa Ana, CA. Grew up in Riverside, CA. I lived in the same house from age 5 until 23. After that, it's been a whole lotta moving. Hopefully we're staying put for a while.

Lived:
    Vista, CA (apt)
    Ranch Penaquitos, CA (apt)
    La Mesa, CA (house)
    Walnut Creek, CA (apt)
    Brentwood, CA (house)
    Highland Village, TX (lived with in-laws, BRIEFLY)
    Carrollton, TX (apt)
    Flower Mound, TX (house)
    Plano, TX (house)

Kathe

• lmfoodie
    14 years ago

What a great thread! Born and raised in Urbana, IL. Lived in Ohio, Israel, Baltimore, New York City, Boston, and finally, a suburb of Philadelphia.

• kntryhuman
    14 years ago

kimmieb what little town were you born in?

Born and raised in Metairie, Louisiana, just West of New Orleans. Moved North about 60 miles to Covington, Louisiana 34 years ago. We'll be moving another 15 miles North in a week or two to Folsom, Louisiana.

Born and raised a city girl but ya can't take the country outta me! I'm a country girl at heart.

As soon as I retire in 3 years, we're moving out of Louisiana. There has to be a better place than this! The only thing I'll miss is the food.

• shellfish
    14 years ago

Born and raised in Philadelphia suburbs (Bucks County), went to school in VA, lived in Upstate NY, Newburyport, MA, NJ and now in NW suburbs of IL. Winters are tough here but love Chicago!

• oldhousegal
    14 years ago

Portland, Oregon

Grew up in San Francisco, then moved to Oregon, Seattle for college and aside from a short stint in Denver, always been a west coast girl! Back in Portland, where I am remodeling my 90 year old house one room at a time, 90 % of the work done by my own self.

Did put in a few years in Ashland, DonnaKay2009- back when the college was still SOSC! Gee, that makes me sound old! Glad to see other Oregonians on here!

• lindalp
    14 years ago

Born and raised in So. California...Temple City, in LA county to be exact. Moved to Northern CA 31 years ago, where we built a home in the Sierra Foothills in a little town called Foresthill.

• KAREN
    14 years ago

Born and raised in North Dakota

• beejay27
    14 years ago

Air Force brat born in Texas to SI, New York parents. Lived in South Dakota, Ohio (Dayton area twice including high school, Cincinnati), Alabama, Illinois (Chicago, Rantoul, Urbana), Maryland (DC-area), Pennsylvania (State College and the last 20 years in Chester County).

• clergychick
    14 years ago

Hey mountaineergirl! Glad to know I'm not the only one from "Almost Heaven West Virginia!"

I'm from the big city of Charleston -- fourth generation (at least); went off to college in central Kentucky, seminary on Boston's North Shore, honeymooned across America with everything I owned in a UHaul truck to settle in Los Angeles for 4 years, then came back east, inside the Capital Beltway in Maryland for 6 years, then finally home again, home again to Charlie West. Like Dorothy said, "There's no place like home!"

• lolauren
    14 years ago

oldhousegal --- All of my fam is in Portland... and we lived in Southern Oregon when SOU was SOSC as well....... (proof...... I know it is pronounced like sock! :))

jodi_in_so_calif --- that counts enough for me ... haha