Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nugget1956

New Project: Want to show case (mother-in-law) family copper pots...

Lana Putnam
9 years ago
I have a smaller nook off of the kitchen.. I have made the walls to look adobe ish.. the room is 7' by 8.5
Design on a Dime .. I just rubbed paint over the other paint that was there.. to give it this look.

Comments (650)

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago

Thanks Kaye1951.

• BLee
    9 years ago

Hello! I still read my regular threads fairly frequently, but so behind at work I must limit my commenting. I had to reject 2 orders recently because I couldn't find the books. Ouch! Promise an occasional Hello. LOL

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago

Thanks BLee... do keep in touch. We have each other's emails.

• Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OK.. call me crazy.. lol .. but the dilemma is back with a vengeance!!! after giving the setee several days.. it is not working!! we need our table.. it is back!! the table and the loveseat must go!!! .. totally from this house!! they are causing me nothing but grief!!.. in my design on a dime .. I would like your support and ideas ... I want to look in the thrift stores for another small table to go in there.. )(I do not like the present table what so ever! I want it replaced with something more suitable for the nook.. please give me your idea

s on the kind of small table that would suit the area.. :) .. ugh!! I am so tired..

• happyleg
    9 years ago

Bisel tables are smaller for tight spaces. Or a half moon table can be cut into a coffee table. I hope I spelled bisel right LOl, LB you can correct me!

• happyleg
    9 years ago

I also like the size of a wagon tables with wheels. I did like your trunk.

• Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I like this little area.. :) Ken and I play cards a lot.. everyday.. we play 5 card draw.. lol best out of 5 .. and the loser does the kitchen cleanup.. lol .. so we need our table... a small table would work in ere where I have this one.. and maybe the couch can stay.. :) as it is a nest for me where I curl up with my laptop and have coffee .. lol .. I love this little area :)

• Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The trunk is gone back to the bedroom..

• Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I will be posting my new tv room dilemma .. shortly .. :)

• Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

this table in the spot works for now.. :) til we figure out a plan .. :)

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago

A small drop leaf table. Versatile. Both leaves down or one down. Both open.

Signature Designs by Ashley Stuman Round Drop-leaf Table · More Info

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago

Then get a small bench for the bay window space.

Piper Bench · More Info

• happyleg
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Needs a bench cushion.

• Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We have an Ashley Store in town would you believe... I will look on kijiji here first and shop around... as "design on a dime".. :) I will look for similar pieces... as something like that here will cost a lot.. thank you so much for the idea.. :)

• Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

On another note... look what I found at the superstore.. :) only 11.98 .. :)

They are real and fresh!!!! :)

• happyleg
    9 years ago

Sniff. Ah! Spring!

• Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

lots of snow here still... :( .. but I am sure spring is on the way, somewhere.. lol

• happyleg
    9 years ago

More still coming here on Wednesday.

• Joy
    9 years ago
    Can you build in a comfy banquet into your window area with a table and chairs? Best of both worlds, a comfy sofa like area with pillows and a small dining table with chairs.
  • BLee
    9 years ago

Hello. Search for "International Concepts round dual drop leaf pedestal dining table". Table is unfinished parawood [sustainable hardwood from rubber trees no longer producing much sap]. Target seems to have best price at $124.95 with free shipping. I have seen International Concepts parawood furniture at a local natural unfinished furniture store, excellent quality - I plan to get this for my tiny apartment. {and I still think you need to ignore your memory room for awhile … you seem frustrated and a break will give you time to take a fresh view].

LB, Does a break seem like a good idea?

• BLee
    9 years ago

PS the less expensive round table without drop leaf feature is only 18 inches high.

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago

Are you still planning on painting a larger purple rectangle? Just has to be the white border, then do another white beyond that. Decor items can be over the white border. Helps to connect everything,

• Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Once I establish this area I will F/U with the fine details.. :)

• greenfish1234
    9 years ago
    I have to say I am glad to see the sofa go! You seem to have plenty of sitting areas already, and a casual kitchen table is useful in ways I don't think a sofa is. A sofa is a very low spot from which to converse with someone cooking, too.

What bothers you about the table? It really seemed to fit the space fine when you removed the shelf. I would've kept it, and the original chairs, or maybe the second set with green painted purple.

I still find the white trim on that purple section jarring and off. Someone else put it well, that if you think of it as a picture frame, not a window frame, it can be any color. We are only seeing snapshots but it seems that in taking in your cabinets and windows, there is already quite a bit of white?

BUT, on to the question you are now asking-new ideas for the room? What do you want to happen in there? You and Ken already have a cozy coffee spot in the other room, right? Where do you eat? Is this mostly a room for him to sit in while you cook? Read the paper?

I don't know if I even like this idea (brainstorming), but would it work to replace previous shelf with a larger shelf and make it a peninsula with counter-height chairs? Half-circle maybe? Wouldn't take advantage of the beautiful window, though. Maybe just a rug in the center leaving space to admire pots/art? Way outside of the box here, but the cabinets (very nice) hanging over the peninsula really seem to obstruct the view/conversation flow. Is there anywhere else for them? I know I spend most of my time in the kitchen looking out-I wouldn't have it any other way-and I love being able to see everything that's going on.

Thats all I gots! I do like the window seat idea too :)
  • Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thank you for your insight/perspective .. :)

• happyleg
    9 years ago

Have you ever thought of putting in a wine cabinet under your pots? 2 barstools at cabinet. Your table under pots with chairs?

• er612
    9 years ago

I actually think the table works. Agree that the area is better suited for a table. I would put a backless dining bench centered under the window and push the table up to it. Then put the two chairs around the table angled towards the window.

• Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanx so much momof5 .. yes.. the "memory" pots are on the wall now.. I will be extending the Purple are they are placed on.. but other than that they will be staying there.. :)

• Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

er612,, I like that idea.. :) I will try it as I am "design on a dime" and I do have a backless chair :)

• BLee
    9 years ago

A bench sounds useful, as it can double as a table for drinks. tissue, newspapers, books, playing cards corralled in baskets or on trays, keeping clutter off the table; when bench is needed for seating, trays or baskets are easily moved.

• Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow.. thanks for this idea Blee.. I will post a pic tomorrow... :)

• Carol Singletary
    9 years ago
    Nugget, it is already Thursday, and still no picture. Don't you realize how many of us are following your design on a dime dilemmas?
  • Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ooopse ok . will post pic soon.. :) I promise.. :)

• happyleg
    9 years ago

It's a good wait.

• Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry everyone.. I have been very sick.. in bed :( havent done much.. and will be away now for 3 weeks.. hope to be back on Houzz in a month or so,,

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago

Thanks for the notification. I sure hope you are getting better.... see you in a month.

• everdebz
    9 years ago

I have watched your progress a bit - hope you get better soon!

• happyleg
    9 years ago

Get well, chicken noodle soup for the soul! Gaterade & plenty of fluids.

• greenfish1234
    9 years ago
    So sorry Nugget :( get well.
  • Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Feeling Better!!!!! woo hoo.. I ended up getting Pneumonia .. :( but I am ok now....

So this is where its going.. I love it!!!!! .. added the extension in the table.. .. got an oval tray... put up some (cheap) covering over the wall around the copper Pots place .. :)

Pics are dark.. as it is sunny out.. I will take more pics later when its dark outside.. :)

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago

I like it too. Just have a small problem with the small pattern paper meeting the small pattern tile. I'm not crazy about the greenery with the pots, but if you like it, it's your space :)

I like that the new wallpaper makes the space brighter and appear larger.

I also think the table display is a bit too crowded. Maybe fewer items. Love the purple daffodils. I would eliminate the blue flower. Just me :)

Love the bench there. I suggest 2 or 4 chairs at the table, for balance.

• er612
    9 years ago

Or since the table is oval, turn it 90 degrees and put the three chairs opposite the bench.

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago

I agree with er612, turning the table would fit better I think too.

• BLee
    9 years ago

Golly, a much friendlier space with the wall covering. How about a several inch wide strip of the window wall blue paint down the right side of the display wall to separate the two patterned blues. Another possibility would be framing the entire papered wall in white, duplicating the white around the purple rectangle. Glad you are feeling better!

• Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow!! Thank you all... .. the table is best at its position.. turning it is too scrunched .. I will leave 2 chairs.. :) .. yes too much on the Tray.. I will condense it for sure .. :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the wall!! and the Greenery - I LOVE Too :) xxoo I love the little bench.. because as one of you said before.. it is the place I put the tray when we use the table.. lol it is the "stuff Bench" and its ok in its spot.. :)

• happyleg
    9 years ago

Glad your well, and WOW,I love this!

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago

BLee, the window wall is purple. Maybe looks different on your computer. I mentioned the right side of the paper also that is next to the tile :) Some kind of break needs to be there.

• Lana Putnam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Blee.. :) and Thank you so Much for all of your ideas .. :)

• Jen Osborne
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

What ever happened next???!