Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
taitew

TMIO Oven Repair and Service

taitew
9 years ago

I own a TMIO (www.tmio.com ) Dual Oven. The ERC Module has gone out. TMIO is out of business. Does anyone know where i can find a TMIO ERC Module with part #101045 ? Does anyone have a suggestion on who can service this oven?

twhitchurch@arrow.com

Comments (7)

• xedos
    9 years ago

I doubt anyone can rec either for you. They sold about seven ovens during their short life and had no parts or service network of any kind when they were here.

That said it was an oven with another computer and interface strapped to it . So, in theory, a patient and seasoned tech with an electronics background could troubleshoot what was wrong and repair it.

Key words here are could and in theory. I doubt you are going to find someone with the requisite skills that is willing to poke around that thing. It's also possible that the board level parts just aren't available either.

Would you be willing to pay someone $100+ an hour for say 5-6 hours for an assessment ? That means absolutely NO GUARANTEE that your money spent will result in a working oven , it's just for a consult or feasibility study.

If your answer to that is no, then you need to start shopping for a new oven.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

>They sold about seven ovens during their short life

Is this actually true, or an exaggeration?

• xedos
    9 years ago

Exaggeration on sales.

Fact about co.'s short life and no parts and service network.

I know of only two confirmed sales, and one was a clearance after they went belly up.

Miele's new range has gee wiz iphone and internet control and is backed with software from a real company - IBM, and global manufacturer with billions in sales and over fifty years experience .

Now, it doesn't have a refrigerator function, but I guess people will have to make sacrifices being that Germany doesn't have a space program to draw engineering talent from like the TMIO crowd did.

• plllog
    9 years ago

Well, but CERN isn't so far away... Maybe they could employ atom smashers instead?

• sushipup1
    9 years ago

I recall, maybe 13 or 14 years ago, when we were still planning our remodel, that there was one person, obviously the owner of the company, who posted all the time about how wonderful TMIO was. It got to be quite a joke. Obviously the whole thing was a joke!

• Helena Joergenrud
    8 years ago

I own a TMIO double oven and it has been really fantastic. It was already in the kitchen when we bought our house 6 years ago. Two days ago, the touch screen crashed. It's black, but I can still hear it's working. So, my Q is - can that screen be repaired? I did not know this was such an expensive appliance and that the company don't even exist anymore...bummer!

• Jakvis
    8 years ago
    there is a company out of the Chicagoland area that rebuilds appliance electronics called Core Centric. you might try contacting them. http://www.corecentricsolutions.com/