Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtvhike

Corner stove and layout critique

mtvhike
9 years ago

A kitchen designer I like has provided the attached design to me. A couple of inaccuracies in this computer rendering are that the window is large, but not that large. The counter space is 15 feet long, and the window is 9.5, so there should be 33 inches of space between the window edges and the kitchen boundary, which are shown as 12". Also, the ceiling is higher and steeper - it has exposed rafters which rest on an exposed horizontal beam above the window at a height of 9'8", and is sloped at 45 degrees. So, if I have cabinet tops at 96", then the lowest point of the ceiling would be 20" above the top of the cabinets.
This is just an introduction to my main question: I would like to replace the stove with a cooktop in the corner, turned 45 degrees, with a hood replacing the cabinet shown next to the microwave. The location of the stove and microwave would be replaced with a 8' high cabinet, with a wall oven and microwave. However, I am having difficulty finding an appropriate base corner cabinet for under the cooktop.
There are very few upper cabinets, but there is a separate pantry, and the island has storage space.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths