Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottfam125

Hi everyone! Thought I'd play around starting a new thread.

Comments (15)

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok. I realize,some are stretched so they must be the ones taken a certain way. On my computer it shows the pic and I can't tell if it's longways or sideways. I don't have many left on my computer that aren't of my precious grandson. Easy to post anyways!! Judy

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Judy, your grandson is adorable! Aren't grandchildren wonderful! Love those pink roses, what variety or varieties? Pretty dahlias too.

• Jasminerose, California, USDA 9b/Sunset 18
    9 years ago

There is a tiny grey flag in the upper right hand corner of the post that will allow you to edit. Love the photos.

• pat_bamaz7
    9 years ago

Thanks, jasmine rose! I see it now

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks yall! Yes my sweet little Bentley is toooo stinkin precious I will definitely look for grey flag on my picture to edit it.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beautiful pics pat_bama!

• nanzjade z5 MA
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

@ Pat_Bamaz7 - the last picture, is that a joseph's coat or another type of rose? I want that multi color but without the vine covered in razor blade sharp thorns.

• pat_bamaz7
    9 years ago

nanzjade, the rose in the last picture is Heart o'Gold. It's a grandiflora rather than a climber, but does go through similar color changes as Joseph's Coat...pink & gold variations only, though (no red). HoG gets tall here...7 ft+ tall by end of season, but stays rather narrow at only around 2 1/2 feet wide. It isn't a thorny rose, but not completely thornless, either. The blooms themselves have long cutting stems and are wonderful in a vase. Here are a couple more pictures of it:

• nanzjade z5 MA
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Pat, thank you so much for the information and more stunning photos! I will have to track down that variety in the spring. I don't mind some thorns, just not Joseph's Coat level!

This is a photo of JC at Home Depot, when I passed on it, (it was my b-day that day) but knew I had to find something similar. I will remember Heart o'Gold.. thanks again :)

Nancy

• huckdog1
    9 years ago

Love the pictures of Heart of Gold. I grow it in a pot due to it being zone tender here in KY. It gets very tall! Such beautiful colors...just love it and yours is lovely. Lesley

• pat_bamaz7
    9 years ago

nanzjade, here in Zone 7 Alabama, mine has been cane hardy even during the "polar vortex" stuff last year, but mine does get some radiated heat where it's planted. If Lesley in KY has issues with it being tender for her, it might not overwinter outside in your Zone 5. You're Zone 6, right Lesley? (new screen name, but same Lesley in KY?)

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

HoG is gorgeous and I love all the photos of it!

• aprilscott12
    9 years ago

Aww! Precious Bentley & ever gorgeous roses and dahlias. Love them!!

• rosecanadian
    9 years ago

Wow!!! HoG is AMAZING!!!!!

Love your grandchild. Sweetie!!

Carol

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH