Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jalmar

Need help for my entryway

jalmar
9 years ago

I am looking for a new entryway rug (not sure if it can be area or if it needs to be indoor outdoor. It gets LOTS of traffic. The rug there now is a 3x5. I am looking to make the area look more put together. I need a space to put kids shoes on the floor.

Comments (6)

• User
    9 years ago
    In this case, how about getting a larger outdoor rug instead! Since there's a lot of getting in/out situation, in April, March or snowy days there's a lot of mud and slush dirt going in your entrance! So it's best to get a narrow rug for it! Like a medium runway rug! But get dark colours so it can hide the stain easily! Hope this helps! :)
    jalmar thanked User
  • Kelley Dockrey
    9 years ago
    can you take a few more images of the space from different angles?

what are the measurements of the entry way?

do they use the bench to sit for removing their shoes?

I don't think changing the rug will make a difference.

finding a storage solution for the shoes that can act as a console and dealing with the art work on the wall will make a bigger impact.

I would suggest centering a new rug in front of the door and possibly consider a longer rug.

do you leave the folding doors closed?
    jalmar thanked Kelley Dockrey
  • jalmar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ideaplace22- I hadn't thought of a cabinet like that. Great idea.
    Betty Wu- I will try turning it but I don't think that it will cover a large enough area. I have two kids 3 and 5 and we have kids over all the time and I need a rug to cover the whole area. I love the rug you posted. Any tips on where to find something like that?
    Kelley- Great questions. Here are the pictures. Yes, the kids and adults sit to put on/take off shoes. The folding doors are usually open and I added a picture of that. I could put the kids shoes in the closet where the adult shoes are but they usually are muddy/sandy/snowy and so I like to have a mat or something else to put them on.
    The room (excluding the closet) is 85inches wide by 90 inches long.

• groveraxle
    9 years ago

I would get the largest outdoor rug that will fit in the space, probably 5 x 8. Center it so the bench sits on it. Get a boot tray to put at the end.

The heart wall is adorable, but needs to be lowered a good 6", maybe more.

jalmar thanked groveraxle
  • kathleen MK
    9 years ago
    Maybe one of those taller cube cubbies like at Target. You could add nice baskets for dry grown up stuff and use those cloth drawers to line the cube for damp shoes. Or cut plastic place mats to line the cube. The top could be a slab of stone or wood for a dressier entry table with lamp and mirror.
    jalmar thanked kathleen MK