Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patp3005

Pull-down sprayer kitchen faucet - yes or no?

patp3005
9 years ago

We are finally replacing our 20+ year old counters, sink and faucet in the kitchen. I want a pull-down but my husband is afraid they are flimsy and won't hold up to real world use. Would love to hear from 'real world' users.

Yes
No

Comments (8)

• User
    9 years ago

Some are flimsy. I had a flimsy one (a reputable brand), hated it's flimsiness, and replaced it. I love it and never looked back. Go to your local kitchen and bath store and try them out, hold them, see how they feel. There's a wide range, in size, shape, and weight.

patp3005 thanked User
  • cbailie
    9 years ago
    ^^Agreed. I had a Kohler which was surprisingly flimsy. Now I have American Standard and it's wonderful. Funny, I would have thought it would be the other way around.
    patp3005 thanked cbailie
  • User
    9 years ago

My flimsy one was a Kohler too! I replaced it with a Moen.

• patp3005
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Smileyface, I would have thought your idea would be a good one. We went to the store to try them out and they were all so abused they just hung there. Or they had the display hose so short you couldn't pull it out more than 2 inches. It wasn't a good selling point for them!

• User
    9 years ago

Try another store. You may have to travel to find a good one. Many stores have faucet displays high up where you cannot see them properly. Really stupid. We ended up buying one at a store that's a 45 minute drive from home, but it was the only store where we were able to really see and touch what we were getting. Once we were able to see and touch as much as we needed, there was no doubt in our minds and our decision was easy.

patp3005 thanked User
  • dogmom5
    9 years ago
    Yes. Have had one for many years & never have had any problems. Very convenient.
    patp3005 thanked dogmom5
  • makaloco
    9 years ago

I had bad luck with pull-out sprayers, maybe because I had cheap ones but also because of very hard water and low pressure. The sprays would get gummed up with mineral deposits in no time (and please don't suggest soaking in vinegar, which had no effect at all). Finally I bought a two-handle sprayless American Standard, and it's like a whole new world of dishwashing (haha). I haven't missed the spray at all, since the faucet swivels to reach all corners of my large sink.

patp3005 thanked makaloco