Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joe_fristoe

Advice for Euphorbia Globosa

Bama_Joe
9 years ago

I have this Euphorbia Globosa and looks like it may be time to repot. Also, it looked like the surface was burning so I moved it out of the bright light, then read it is supposed to take as much light as you can throw at it? Also, I noticed a bot of stretching since being moved, so wanted to ask about light requirements. Do they just look burned I'm their natural environment?

Comments (7)

• hablu
    9 years ago

Hi Joe,

Take a look at april 12: a leggy Euphorbia.

I should not repot and give less water.

Harry

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

Not to shabby for a globosa, they can be a bit tricky at times more so when things start going badly for them they go badly quickly from good to ouch in a few hours to a day or two For this reason I don't push any of my Euphorbias to quickly.

In my experiance repotting them is about the same as moving the repotted to a new corner of the world in a different zone. My opinion, it could last a couple more years in the pot it's in now. I would let it finish flowering as it is now and not be watering with a higher volume of water. For me in a different colder zone than yours & with most of my Euphorbias inside I'd rather mist sides of pot and soil line more frequently than to water it heavily once.

Watering and added light would be a trigger for it to grow and may be why it has streched. It may have been to much water by volume to it's new location. I can't be certain as to how it burnt on a top piece but it could be a sign of rot. Keep an eye on it with less water, better to loose a little than alot.

• Bama_Joe
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It is definitely not too much water. I saw the burn and pulled it out from under the 8 bulb t5 setup and onto a table to the side with no light, only indirect with my stapeloids and other light shade plants/XXL Jade cuttings...hence the stretching (I recently realized some of the plants I was told could take bright like to "some direct sun" could not survive under the indoor lighting and assumed this was one of them....boy was I wrong. I saw pics of Golbosa today that appeared burned and were huge colonies, so maybe that is normal or accepted. Going to try and find some "in the wild" pics if I can. This thing hardly gets any water at all, just to add a bit of info.

• aloebot
    9 years ago

If the burn you are referencing is the redness, I think the plant looks great. Many of my Aloes get the bronzing with low water and bright light. Just my preference, but I like them that way. A more natural look. Forrest green doesn't say succulent to me.

• Bama_Joe
    Original Author
    9 years ago

As long as the plant is okay, grows well, great. I wanted to pull it and ask here before real damage was done. I will ease it back in. Thanks all!

• Bama_Joe
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Correction - this is a Euphorbia - pseudoglobosa. I'm now considering picking up a globosa. Anyone have both?

• Dino Santos
    8 years ago

Came across this discussion while researching E. globosa vs Pseudoglobosa. I purchased mine (looks just like yours) and it was labeled E. Pseudoglobosa - but looking at pictures on the Internet are conflicting. @ Bama_Joe how did you determine what your plant was?

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022