Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ifoco

Blue Star 30" Electric French Door Wall Oven- Single

ifoco
8 years ago

Hello,

I have been reading the posts on the new Blue Star French wall oven wanting to replace my Gaggenau side opening oven.

The Gaggenau has worked without any problems and my complaints are primarily about moisture, dirt and bugs between the door glass. Gaggenau has refused to do anything and seems to think I created this issue. Their advice was for me to call a service rep to clean the glass. The service rep said he would NOT take it apart as it is complicated with the electronic controls on the door. In addition to the water marks between the panes of glass, I also find the oven to be painfully small. My only reason to have purchased it was for the side opening door.

I am now considering a Blue Star French door wall oven. It seems to have a lot of features that are appealing to me. I read some negative things and wonder if I should wait a year or so and see how things shake out. Those of you that have purchased one, are you happy and if not what issues have you had?

Thanks

inga239

Comments (4)

• Debbi Branka
    8 years ago

I am happy so far. I had an issue with the display on the control panel resetting almost every time I touched it. The oven still worked but it was annoying. BlueStar finally got new control panels in and my dealer installed mine a week or so ago. It is finally working perfectly. I love the looks and BS was responsive to my issue. I have made bread on the stone, but not pizza yet (that's coming soon). The manual says to wash the racks for the first time in the dishwasher. Do NOT wash the ball-bearing rack in the dishwasher. It will no longer glide. BS sent me a new rack. Even spraying the first one with silicone food-grade spray did not help it glide, so just don't use the dishwasher. The fan in the control panel runs the entire time the oven is on, which I wasn't ready for, but it's not so loud you have to yell to have a conversation, so it doesn't bother me much. The broiler is huge. I love that it fits a full sheet (have used that feature). I'm happy with both my range and my wall oven.

• ifoco
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Debbi

Thanks for your input. I was so excited about getting the BS especially since I make bread and do a lot of pizza. Before ordering, I rechecked my rough opening just to make sure and was much dismayed to find my rough opening is 1 1/4 inch too small. After getting over the disappointment, I researched the GE Monogram French Door oven. It will fit but is $700 more and does not have a baking stone. So back to using my kiln shelf for bread and pizza - works but isn't as snazzy. The racks can stay in the oven during pyrolysis which is a plus. Now I just have to make sure I want to pay $4700 plus tax. Not insignificant. Am wondering if there is a market for a used Gaggenau side opening oven?

Inga

• seb225
    8 years ago

GE has a French door oven in their Café line also. I looked closely at it before deciding on a Bosch oven. The pricing I was given was significantly lower than the $4700. I don't have the estimate sheet with me but my memory is saying it was in the $3400-3500 rrange, though I could be wrong.

ifoco thanked seb225
  • tnstangman
    8 years ago

Debbi,

I just got the two BS electric wall ovens today, they will be installed on Tuesday. I now see why you said the doors were hard to close. The hinge during all parts of the open or close is smooth, its just the last couple of inches that it takes pressure to close because of the way they designed the seal mechanism. For potential future owners I have attached a picture of the seal mechanism which is very simple, metal on metal closure.