Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kachana_gw

Ruthz: I have rooted kaffir lime for you

Kachana
8 years ago

Hi Ruth,

I promised you this plant last fall, and I have a few rooted over the winter. Let me know if you still want one:) I can give a few cuttings too, if you want.

Kachana

Comments (41)

• ruthz
    8 years ago

Kachana, so glad I look on this site every so often.

Yes I would love to have a rooted kaffir lime. I've read that you need kaffir lime leaves to make Thai soup, which my family loves.

I think I told you I would have a rooted rose for you. The roses haven't done well with all this rain and I was away on a family emergency most of April so they were somewhat neglected. When I got home I cut most of them back a lot.

This is the ones I have rooted right now.

Ballerina

Darlow's Enigma

The Prince

Or let me know if you would prefer something other than a rose.

We can meet you somewhere in your area on a Saturday or Sunday to exchange if that works for you, or we can wait until the fall swap.

• Kachana
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi Ruth,

I'm glad you found this thread. I would be happy to share this plant without getting anything in return.

The Prince looks great, so I will take this one. Plus, my husband loves red roses. Do you need cuttings of the lime to try to root aso? I can bring some.

I have a rooted double red hibiscus if you are interested. If you have cuttings of other roses and/or hydrangea available, I would love to have some.

I'm in Carrollton, I can meet you here, or we can meet half way? Bedford or Euless? I can't remember which? Email me.

• ruthz
    8 years ago

Carrollton is fine.

Yes I'd love the hibiscus. I don't need any cuttings of the lime.

Look at my list and let me know which roses you'd like cutting of.

I recently cut all my roses back and threw away the cuttings, but can still take some cuttings of most of them except the newer ones.

Sorry I don't have any hydrangea. I love it and used to have some but lost it in the drought of 2011.

Not sure how to email on here.

• Kachana
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Ruth,

How about this Saturday at 11am? There's a McDonald's on the SW corner of N Josey Ln and Hebron Pkwy (McDonalds) that we can meet at. Please let me know if you have a better time and/or place. I'm free that day until 1:30.

I'm drooling at your list! Love all your brugmansia and rose selections. I'll see if I can get some cuttings of the brugs in the fall. For now, I would love these if you can get cutting from:

Souvenir de la Malmaison

Mme. Alfred Carriere

Francis Dubreuil

Sombreuil

Double Delight

I can go on and on...But anything from your list is awesome as Belinda's Dream is the only one I have.

By the way, I have a smallish galanga. I will divide the rhizome and bring that for you.

• ruthz
    8 years ago

Sounds good. We'll be in a charcoal Nissan van.

11:00 am Saturday, 23rd.

Wow, Kiffer lime and galanga. I'm so excited to get those.

• Kachana
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I'm excited for the roses too. I'll be in a silver Lexus SUV. See you then.

• ruthz
    8 years ago

Thank you so much for the awesome swap.

• Kachana
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Likewise, Ruth. It was really nice of you and your DH to drive up to my area. Love all the plants and cuttings you brought. Stay dry.

• AJ Kala
    8 years ago

Hi Kachana,

I just moved to Frisco. Not really sure if you still have any Kaffir Lime for giveaway, but I would definitely appreciate if it is! Would it still be a good time to plant it now in a pot for this year until spring next year? Thank you!

• Kachana
    Original Author
    8 years ago

AJ,

I don't have any more to give, but I have started a few more cuttings. If I'm successful, you may have one.

As for your question, I've mine in a huge pot all year round, and it's brought into an unheated garage during the cold months.

• AJ Kala
    8 years ago

Thank you for your help, and replying back.

• NewTXGardener (8a Dallas)
    8 years ago

Kachana, can I get one from you too next year if you're successful with your cuttings please?

• Kachana
    Original Author
    8 years ago

NewTXGardener, yes, you may. I will start a few more cuttings this week just in case the last batch fails.

8 years ago

Thank you so much Kachana!!! :-)

• sagardener
    8 years ago

Hi Kanchana,

we moved to Frisco in 2014. By any chance if you have a rooted kaffir lime cutting, I would love to get it. Where did u get the plant from? I was searching online and most vendors say they don't ship to Texas.

Thanks

yamini

• ruthz
    8 years ago

Yamini, I saw on North Haven's facebook page recently that they got in some kaffir lime and other fruit trees. I would love to go check out what they have, but it's a bit far for me.

• sagardener
    8 years ago

Thank you Ruth. It is far from me also. I live in Frisco. But I''ll call them and go check this weekend.

BTW, I was getting emails before if someone replies to my question on garden web. Do anyone know that changed?

• lascatx
    8 years ago

Kachana, I have a kaffir lime and am thinking about starting a new one for a friend (I could give her a few leaves in the meantime). Are they easily started from cuttings? Have you started them from seed? Which is best?

• Kachana
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi,

so sorry for the long absence. The first two people I promised the rooted cutting, please send me an email. I was able to get two to survive, and they are ready to go to a new home.

Yamini, I started a new batch, and as soon as I get one to root, I'll contact you. As far as buying one locally, there's a Vietnamese grocery store in Carrollton that generally carries them in the summer. They are cuttings about a year old ... $12/pot last year. If I see them again this year, I'll let you know. Last year, they were available at Walmart for about $30/plant. They were big ones with fruit too! I was too late to get one, only found out from people I go to church with.

• Kachana
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Lascatx,

I never started one from seed, so I can't answer that. I started mine from cuttings. Seems pretty easy to root, but it takes a long time for the roots to develop. I normally start in the fall, and don't see roots until spring. I started a batch this spring...it's been one month...nothing yet.

if you want to try, I can give you in details how I normally do it.

8 years ago

Kachana: I sent you a PM.

• Kachana
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I'm out of town right now, will reply back asap. Thanks

• Kachana
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi AJ KALA,

Let me know if you're still interested in a rooted kaffir lime. If not, I'll pass it on to Yamini.

Thanks

• Kachana
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Ruth, can you email me please? I can't figure out how to email you from here. I have some questions;)

• ruthz
    7 years ago

You should be able to message now. I have my profile set to allow people I follow to message me.

• stewpot60
    7 years ago

Hello

i am new to this forum

kaffir lime - would love one plant

however you can buy the leaves for curry from viet market Saigon on Jupiter

Need brugmansia seedling or cutting love the tree

text me at 4698675150 mona

I have day lilies to exchange

have hydrangea but they are rooting still

thanks mona

• ruthz
    7 years ago

Mona, click to follow me and you can message me thru Houzz.

• AJ Kala
    7 years ago

Hi Kachana,

Not sure how to email you from here. My apologies for the lack of response to your post. I sent a message to you, hope it made it through! Thank you!

• Kachana
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi AJ,

Unfortunately I do not have any more to give. However, I just propagated two this morning after seeing your message. I will let you know if I am successful.

• AJ Kala
    7 years ago

Thank you, Kachana. Do appreciate it.

• stewpot60
    7 years ago

Looking for kaffir line ? Anyone

• Kachana
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Sorry, Mona and AJ. I'm not having any luck rooting Kaffir lime this time around. I am going to try again as soon as I find time. I'll post here to update.

• stewpot60
    6 years ago

Kafir lime

ruth

do u have rioted kafir line

please text me 4698675150

mona

• AJ Kala
    6 years ago

No problem, Kachana. Thank you for trying; appreciate your help.

• Kachana
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I’ve got 8 rooted over the winter. Four are spoken for, so the remaining four are up for grabs. Local pickup only please. I’m in Carrollton. These are rooted cutting of kaffir lime, about 6-8” tall, with some leaves.

kachana

• AJ Kala
    6 years ago

Hi Kachana, thank you! please let me know how to come pick them up. sending you a message.

• sagardener
    6 years ago

Hi Kanchana, I would love to have one. Let me know how and when I can pick up. Thanks much:)

• stewpot60
    6 years ago

Ruth

i would love to have kaffir lime if you have rooted one already

can I collect in 2 weeks coz I am out of country

please

Mona Cheung

• stewpot60
    6 years ago

Sorry.

I realist it was kachana who rooted kaffir lime

kachana - can y save one for me

am out of country now

mona

• Kachana
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Sure, Mona. Just message me when you are ready to pick up:)