Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jasonrush

does anyone know how this mirror or illution is created is this something easy to do yourself .

jasonrush
11 years ago
Grace Design Associates · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Margie Grace - Grace Design Associates
    11 years ago
    This is actually a door built into the wall. The fountain and path were placed such that the door "framed" this vignette. The door + frame are antique salvage. This arrangement, with the head jamb low like this - requiring you to bow your head as you enter - is known as a "humble door".
  • mbaishiki
    11 years ago
    I was browsing on houzz.com and was stopped by this gorgeous image and project. I then realized I know you! Hi Margie it's Mackenzie from Greengate! Such a small world :) Hope all is well. BTW I love love love your work!
  • PRO
    Margie Grace - Grace Design Associates
    11 years ago
    Hi Mackenzie --- small world indeed! All's well here --- hope the same for you! Thanks for the kudos! This is actually a "humble" door in the wall surrounding a little asian-inspired gem of a garden. The door frames a fountain in the distance. Behind the fountain is a custom bamboo lattice screen. The humble door and frame were bought at auction --- a salvaged architectural piece (old!). One has to bow one's head (humble oneself) to enter the garden through this door... Cheers!