Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angishee

Love your kitchen! Can you tell me what type of tile used on the backsplash?

Angela Scheerer
11 years ago
Edina Galleria Residences - Unit 1307 · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    BuilderElements
    11 years ago
    Hello, i think it is Mother of Pearl Tile.
    Mother of pearl tile, shell tile, seashell tile, shell mosaic tile, are becoming popular using as wall tiles, kitchen backsplash tiles, shower tiles, bathroom tiles. Mother of pearl tiles are 100% natural products that coming from the natural shell, no industrial waste or energy were used in manufacturing the beautiful shell mosaic tile, thus qualifying as green products.

The American leading designers & architects have been using mother of pearl tile as wall and floor tile & covering. BuilderElements.com, are on sales.

BuilderElements.com offer 10% OFF for Houzz members ONLY! Enter Discount Code "houzz" in your check out process to get 10% discount, on top of our lowest prices!

Strongly recommend you may have a look with our website, here is the link for your reference:
    http://www.builderelements.com/tile/mosaic-tile/mother-of-pearl-tile.html

If you have any question about the tile, please feel free to contact us and we would like to follow up with you, thank you.
  • PRO
    Suburban Dream Homes
    11 years ago
    The backsplash tile is "Hampton Carrara Smooth Rectified 12 x 12 inch" - available through "The Tile Shop" if you have one in your area. Also, as an aside, the countertop is not Carrara marble as many mistake it for that. It is a Quartzite called Super White. Super White is a wonderful stone for the kitchen because it gives the look of marble with all the durability of granite.

Best wishes with your project. If I can be of further assistance please be back in touch.
  • Angela Scheerer
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you!
  • moussavis
    9 years ago
    We are looking at white macaubas countertops similar to this- they are gorgeous. Also have white cabinets and blond maple color wood floor. Do you think it would go with a cream durango color backsplash?