Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amykath

Butler's Pantry, Skullery whatever you might call it….

amykath
8 years ago

Still a bit to do in here. But I wanted to share some updated photos. It is far from perfect, but we will get there! I know we have a hole in the wall and the framed piece is too hight etc. lol.

gw · More Info

Full size freezer on the right. Needs cleaning!

gw · More Info

Love the swinging doors. However, we often keep the open.

gw · More Info

View to closet in pantry and my dog. ;)

gw · More Info

Closet pantry. You cannot see it in this picture but it runs the length of the butler's pantry and wraps around as well. Tons of storage. Looks like I need to go to the grocery store!

gw · More Info

Inside of pantry where we hang our brooms and have items hung that need power. BTW, I LOVE my Dyson cordless vac!

gw · More Info

That's all I got so far folks!

Comments (23)

• amykath
    Original Author
    8 years ago

BTW, did I mention these are the cheapest cabinets from Home Depot? It took a lot of paint to add some lipstick to the pig!

• amyktexas
    8 years ago

Love it! Very well thought out.

amykath thanked amyktexas
  • MtnRdRedux
    8 years ago

I love the ceiling, the floors, the color palette and the layout; which to me makes this a working kitchen and your other space an entertaining kitchen, if you will.

fyi ... scullery

amykath thanked MtnRdRedux
  • User
    8 years ago

Scullery? Really? It's loverly!

amykath thanked User
  • amykath
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Mtn, thanks! It is funny. I do not work in there at all. I do everything in the main kitchen. I do make my coffee, toast my bread, get stuff from the cabs and the freezer. That's about it thus far! lol

• tibbrix
    8 years ago

You have great taste, IMO.

amykath thanked tibbrix
  • amykath
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks Tib!

• theclose
    8 years ago

Beautiful!!! And I would call it the scullery. So very...

amykath thanked theclose
  • rococogurl
    8 years ago

Great, great space and planning!

amykath thanked rococogurl
  • Oaktown
    8 years ago

I like that you did the ceiling. Details make the difference, even in a utility/hidden space.

amykath thanked Oaktown
  • justgotabme
    8 years ago

Love it! Such attention to detail you have. Perfect!

amykath thanked justgotabme
  • kiwi_bird
    8 years ago

It's great!!! I love the ceiling.

We chose the same faucet! How do you like it?

amykath thanked kiwi_bird
  • rockybird
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I love it!

How wide is the aisle? Are the counters normal depth? I am thinking of adding a scullery to my kitchen, but will have less room than you (narrower). My kitchen has a similar setup with a front island, like yours. I want to use mine to hide messy coffee, dirty dishes, dishwasher, bird seed, etc.

Very nice job. Your house is looking spectacular!

amykath thanked rockybird
  • User
    8 years ago

It is lovely!!

amykath thanked User
  • amykath
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Rocky, the counters are normal depth and the isle width from counter to counter is 41". I can definitely see something similar in your house!

Kiwi, I saw some photos of you home on the building a house forum. It looks incredible!!! I cannot wait to see more pics. Regarding the faucet. I am having a hard time loving it as the sprayer does not have much pressure. My other faucet in the main kitchen's sprayer is great. I am wondering if it is a problem with the faucet itself?

• inthetrees
    8 years ago

Your house is looking great!

amykath thanked inthetrees
  • violetwest
    8 years ago

It's beautiful, I'm envious; but I keep looking for skulls!

• nhb22
    8 years ago

Since I have been away from the forum very often because of the change to houzz, I am missing the back story of this Butler's Pantry. Is there a link to it?

• amykath
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Not really a backstory. There's been some talk regarding butlers pantry. We are just completing our build. I think this was my first thread on it.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/3039620/updates-on-our-new-build

• nhb22
    8 years ago

I see. From the conversations above, I got the impresion that you had turned a room in your existing home into a Butler's Pantry. I love it, BTW. :)

amykath thanked nhb22
  • rockybird
    8 years ago

Thank you aktillery! I have 36-40" for an aisle and yours looks plenty wide enough, so that does make me feel better about the aisle spacing. That is a big help!

• amykath
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Rocky, you'll have plenty of room!! Looking forward to pics!!