Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikelongworth

What is the material that you used over the burner in the fireplace?

I have a customer that would like to reproduce this look. Can you please share with me what you used? Thanks.
Dana Point, CA · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Neolithic Design Stone and Tile
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

The material used is our hand edged biblical stone as the decorative banding in the front. Butcher Block as the coping surrounding fire pit. The herringbone pattern is reclaimed flooring cut to 2 x 8 . Maltese stone is the remaining stone cut to fit. This element is about 19" to bottom of fire pit. Total Height is about 60" tall with it being about 88" wide.

If you have further questions please contact me at 949 466 3824
    Neolithic Design Stone and Tile

Warm Regards,

Mo Auerswald

Claxton Fireplace Center, Inc. thanked Neolithic Design Stone and Tile
  • PRO
    Omega Stone Mantels
    8 years ago

Great inspiration you have here! We can relate to the feeling of pressure when a client specifically wants a design to be copied. You would want everything to be perfect! :)

Here at Omega, we generally use cast stone in our fireplace mantels, fire pits, kitchen hoods, and other products. It's light weight and its natural finish is already beautiful on its own. It's very easy to use and mould as well compared to other types of stones.

Here's a project we've done previously for an outdoor firepit you might want to check out and add for inspiration. :)