Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dwussow

How did you secure the fencing onto the wood

dwussow
11 years ago
I love the look of this fence and would like to make one like it for my dog kennel. I was wondering how this was built specifically how the metal gating was connected to the wood frame?
Hog Panel Fencing · More Info

Comments (4)

• dgcruzer2525
    10 years ago
    I would like to know the same thing.
  • Peter Godwin
    10 years ago
    The fencing probably is "stapled" to one piece of wood using heavy duty staple gun or hammer staples. Even if not, clearly its sandwiched between two pieces of what appears to be 2x2 boards which could be screwed together. It actually looks like pressure treated wood (exept for the pergula type thing), which would make sense because it will hold up in any weather.
  • PRO
    Goheen Design and Build
    9 years ago
    For added stability cut off the flush sides of the wire to leave the vertical and horizontal ends exposed. Bolt cutter or grinder. Drill holes in the lumber for the wire end to push into 3/4-1". U can use wire fence staples as well but they are more prone too rust than the wire.
  • PRO
    Goheen Design and Build
    9 years ago
    For added stability cut off the flush sides of the wire to leave the vertical and horizontal ends exposed. Bolt cutter or grinder. Drill holes in the lumber for the wire end to push into 3/4-1". U can use wire fence staples as well but they are more prone too rust than the wire.