Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ewestiepie

help me with this bathroom

ewestiepie
8 years ago

I rent a,space for business. This is the bathroom. Retro 60's yellow tile even on the ceiling above the tub. What color should I paint the walls? Also I can never figure out what to do for a shower curtain and window treatment so they don't conflict because they are so close. Painting the tile and glass shower doors are not an option as I don't own this place. Thank you

Comments (14)

• Trine Vig
    8 years ago

If you present and upgrading plan, some lanloard are willing to agree on a neutral upgrade.

You could buy a new zink with unthercabinets, hang a new mirror and maybe a shelf above the toilet.

ewestiepie thanked Trine Vig
  • raineycarole
    8 years ago
    Use a plain white shower curtain, window shade or shutter, and accessories. Nothing fussy or trendy. Keep it clean and neat.
    ewestiepie thanked raineycarole
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    8 years ago

White or pale cream for the walls; use a frosted film on the windows and then you can add a fun shower curtain (or a nice heavy cotton canvas one in white)

ewestiepie thanked ASVInteriors
  • Lynne Mysliwiec
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Gray and yellow are a classic color combination, but clearly not for everyone. For a sophisticated look in this office space, I'd say take a pure gray or warm gray a lot darker for the walls above the tile and follow carole's recommendation for a bright, crisp, white shower curtain (and even curtains for the window). Since yellow is a primary color, you can really get creative pairing it with orange, purple, green, blue, or red (although yellow+red reminds me too much of mustard and ketchup). It will look really washed out if you paint everything but the tile white. Leave the window trim white.

ewestiepie thanked Lynne Mysliwiec
  • ewestiepie
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Lynne,

I'm having trouble. The grays I picked were too dark...Behr Dark Granite and Behr Antique Tin...

Would you help me? The granite color was too brown based and looked muddy with the yellow.

Thank you

Mary

• PRO
    Colorsmith
    8 years ago

For the paint-look for a pale pale gray that has some blue in it, go a shade lighter that what is there (and do paint the walls/ceiling all the same color)-don't change the tile or fixtures-they are charming originals! Agree w/above to keep accents simple, white, and modern-maybe use darker gray for the towels-but would keep white for the shower curtain. Or look at crate and barrel for some mid century/modern design and color schemes that would go with your bathroom.

ewestiepie thanked Colorsmith
  • ewestiepie
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you...Would BM Sterling work?

• Lori East
    8 years ago
    Love all these suggestions! How about a black vanity/sink, white wood blinds, and Unison Home's black-and-white "Stitch" shower curtain? Walls pale, pale gray.... I offered to my landlord to purchase upgrades if he would agree to pay for labor for installation, and we had a deal! Win-win all around!
    ewestiepie thanked Lori East
  • PRO
    Colorsmith
    8 years ago

go to a gray with a bit more blue-look at Gentle Gray, Pebble Beach and Silvery Moon, of course-its hard for me to tell from here via computer but I think Gentle Gray might be best, pair it with Dove Wing for your white trims-

ewestiepie thanked Colorsmith
  • ewestiepie
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I need help with specific color suggestions...Please!

• ewestiepie
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank You Colorsmith...just got your last post now!

• kait g
    8 years ago

Rockport gray by Benjamin Moore would look nice, then do dark woods as the vanity and mirror

ewestiepie thanked kait g
  • columbia93
    8 years ago

What kind of business? Are you looking for something classic, quirky, country, feminine?

Here a some great palatte ideas from Design-seeds. Three different greys - lavendar tones, blue toned and green - and three different "feelings".

ewestiepie thanked columbia93