Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remodnani

Leather Sectionals

Lynn Alker
8 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Looking for a well made (prefer US) contemporary leather sectional. Researched American Leather- poor customer service and W Shillig -made in China. I'm liking the styles of the Shilligs but hate the China issue and have read some negative posts. Would some of you share your experiences with purchases with these companies and any others that you have enjoyed. We are replacing a Natuzzi couch that we've had for 15 years.

Comments (8)

• jakkom
    8 years ago

I checked out your list after I ran across this thread. Sadly, there were no leather modular sectionals on the site. Wish they had something. Not all of us live in 3500 sf suburban homes, LOL.

• PRO
    Wellington's Fine Leather Furniture
    8 years ago

All of the sectionals are available in modular pieces and can be built to fit within your space. You do however need to click on a product to view the modular options. All dimensions are provided.

• cat_mom
    8 years ago

We have two Schillig leather sectionals (both built in China), one in our LR, one in our FR.

We got the one in our LR first. It had had some issues on delivery (some creasing, a small "stain" on the seat cushion, and chipped feet). We were pretty upset initially, and wanted it replaced, but agreed to let the store owners send out an expert repair person to correct the defects. He worked his magic, and between that, and a little time (during which the packing creases further "relaxed"), our sectional was/is now defect-free.

It did take a while for the new feet to arrive, but expert repair guy was sent out again to install them (expertly!).

The Schillig sectional in our FR arrived in perfect condition, and has remained so after a few years of use so far. While our LR sectional was purchased (ordered) somewhat locally, we purchased (ordered) this one in NC while visiting there, taking advantage of a big store-wide floor model sale. Originally we were buying the floor model (at a great price) but they allowed us to order a brand new one for the same price when we added a matching ottoman to our order, and wanted both to be made at the same time (otherwise they would have sent the leather swatch attached to sectional for the dye lot to be matched).

We are very happy with both sectionals. We love how they look, and they are very comfortable as well.

Lynn Alker thanked cat_mom
  • Lynn Alker
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi CatMom. Thank you for your reply- I read this in an older thread and appreciate the chance to learn from you. I'm in Raleigh, NC and I believe I read you purchased your FR Shillig from Ambiente which is where I am currently shopping. I just landed in there last week and started looking/researching. I've yet to get pricing on anything. As I said above I really like the contemporary clean lines of Shillig and it's good to hear you are still happy. I'm meeting with a salesperson this week to discuss my floor space and will get a price on a piece to get the ball rolling. The saleslady is telling me that it will take 5 months to get a Shillig- something else to consider even though I'm not in dire straights. Which models and leathers did you aquire if you don't mind sharing- many of the ones I like, they do not have in the showroom.

• cat_mom
    8 years ago

Both sectionals took at least 4 months to arrive (I vaguely recall being told 16 weeks when we placed our orders).

The one in our LR is the Arabesque, in black leather. The FR sectional is the Francesca also in black leather (with a "bumper" instead of an arm at one end and backless seat at the other--hard to describe, but if you look at the picture at the top of the pdf for this style, ours is configured like the one shown, except instead of a regular "arm" on the left side, there's a piece that can be raised or lowered, to use as an arm or as extra seating space).

I'm pretty sure both sectionals are the same leather (or close to it); protected, semi-aniline, but can check on that if you'd like.

BTW, I don't know if Ambiente uses the same delivery company that they used for our delivery (or if they use different companies for local vs. out of state deliveries) but they were quite impressive. They scheduled our delivery for 10:00 (11:00?) on a Sunday evening, which actually worked out well for us (otherwise we would have to old them no way!), because it meant we didn't have to take off work, or be stuck with a 4 hour delivery window. And the delivery team was courteous, and extremely respectful of our home while carrying in the various pieces. They not only set up and attached every piece that needed attaching, but would not let me lift a finger to pick up even one piece of packing material. "That's our job ma'am."

We haven't visited Ambiente in their new location yet. We were in Raleigh back in June. I don't recall if they had moved by then, but we wouldn't have had time to check it out anyway. Maybe next trip down!

• Kish Lachnik
    8 years ago

from my experience Nicoletti makes very nice sectionals (made in Italy)

https://www.modernmanhattan.com/nicoletti

• PRO
    Monarch Sofas
    8 years ago

our sofas and sectionals are custom made in Los Angeles, CA. please CLICK HERE TO CONTACT any of our stores for a quote.

xoxo eva @ MONARCH SOFAS

CLICK HERE TO VIEW HUNDREDS OF CUSTOM SOFA AND SECTIONAL PROJECTS

KENZIE STYLE - Chesterfield Custom Sectional Sofas · More Info

KENZIE STYLE - Chesterfield Custom Sectional Sofas · More Info

CASSIE STYLE - TRADITIONAL ENGLISH ROLL ARM - CUSTOM SECTIONAL SOFA · More Info

GWEN STYLE - LUXURIOUS COMFORT · More Info