Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_14561826

Need help with bathroom floors

User
8 years ago

Three bathrooms...should they all have the same floor, or should the floors be treated individually and flow with the tile in the showers. Looking for a more contemporary clean look. Thanks for the help!!

Comments (12)

• xmkx
    8 years ago

Honestly, you can do anything you want. They can all have the same tile floor. They can have three different tile floors. Are you having different tiles in the three showers?

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Good question lol. Right now Master is different than the other 2. The showers have no lip,so are ADA compliant. Thats what makes me feel the tile should be the same.

• xmkx
    8 years ago

Can't seem to get the whole picture here. You are going to renovate three bathrooms in your house? All three bathrooms have showers which are ADA compliant (no lip - essentially a curbless shower)? Are you trying to figure out whether the bathroom floor and the shower floor should be the same? or whether all three bathrooms should have the same floor tile?

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

curbless showers, should the floor in the shower be the same as the floor in the bath?

second decision, should all three baths use same tile. I think not but not sure.

• xmkx
    8 years ago

• xmkx
    8 years ago

Click on the photo to see the entire thing. Obvioulsy, not an expert with posting photos here. If you get a chance google "curbless showers" and look at their images. People have done the same tiles and different tiles in the shower and the bathroom floor and managed to accomplish a contemporary look.

• xmkx
    8 years ago

When I go tile shopping, there are so many tiles I like so I personally would put different tiles in each bathroom but I think it all depends on your personal taste.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Thanks. it helps to chat with someone else. I like a lot also. I'm going to look at curbles showers.

• xmkx
    8 years ago

Good luck manhassetmama! There are so many choices out there these days that it gets a bit overwhelming.

• Beth K
    8 years ago

I am doing new construction and have 4 bathrooms and I want the home to be cohesive but did not want every bathroom to be exactly the same. Therefore, I found a tile that had multiple sizes and used the same tile style but with different sizes and different design features in the 3 secondary bathrooms. That is, one bathroom with a tub is going to have 4 x 8 subway tiles in a brick pattern with 12 x 12 floor tiles in a brick pattern on the bathroom floor. Another I used 4 x 16 tiles in a herringbone pattern on the top portion of the shower and 10 x 13 tiles on the bottom portion of the shower with 12 x 12 floor tiles in a diagonal pattern. The 3rd bathroom which is on a different level I used 8 x 20 tiles in a herringbone pattern which is the same tile used in the other secondary bathrooms but used a complimentary but different style of tile 12 x 24 for the floor.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this all works out as this has been an exhausting task. Never knew how costly this was going to be as the installation costs are much higher than what I had expected. This has been a real learning experience. Will never build again!!!

Good luck with your project.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I hear you! The tile is more than the budget planned. It has been a challenge. Thank you for the ideas. I like using the same tile line in different ways!! Good luck to you also.