Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_mocha

O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree!...

lisa_mocha
8 years ago

I'm missing seeing everyone's Christmas trees...

Here it goes, from my home to yours, wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2016 filled with happiness!

Please share yours!

Comments (66)

• daisychain Zn3b
    8 years ago

Here is ours and yes, that is a moving blanket under it. Don't care - just crazy happy to be home

• IdaClaire
    8 years ago

Such beautiful trees you all have! Ours is a short and slim prelit cheapie in an urn that I picked up at Big Lots on a whim, but it makes me feel festive enough! The ornaments were a package deal, balls in silver and turquoise blue.

• lisa_mocha
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Daisychain, it's perfect:)! Happy homecoming... I'm sure it's a wonderful 'gift'!!

• nhb22
    8 years ago

I think I posted mt two trees on another thread, but here they are again.

• zorroslw1
    8 years ago

Here is my tree. The first Christmas in our new home.

• nini804
    8 years ago

Here is ours! Love my GW recommended tree stand for giant trees! I've added a couple of light strands near the bottom since I took this.

• User
    8 years ago

Of course not! They look great.

• lisa_mocha
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Wow nini804... that is one big, beautiful tree!

• lisa_mocha
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Sitting here on sofa and realized I missed my little skinny tree here in the family room...

• lisa_mocha
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Allison0704- love your tree, mantle and wooden stockings... Perfection. Beautiful:)

• User
    8 years ago

• jakabedy
    8 years ago

Beautiful trees, everyone! Our house is small with no good prominent place for the tree. It's tucked behind the sofa (hence no full view photo), but it works well enough. The mantel was a bit of an afterthought -- I'll do better next year.

• arcy_gw
    8 years ago

Here is our basement tree..DH made it for him mom years ago...she always decorated it with all the buttons her church made each year at advent. A life time full! They are all the rage again this year it would seem.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    8 years ago

'Ours' is a chubby Balsam fir from a local nursery, on a table in the bay window in the back of my living room. I've been sick for a month and also have a torn meniscus in my left knee, and had my young carpenter friend help me decorate. My ornaments honor him, with the circular saw in the lower left, also a glass hammer, dart board, a glass grilled cheese sandwich and glass frying pan with bacon and eggs. Also there are ornaments for past and present dog family members. I haven't even draped the tree holder yet, but we enjoy our little tree and on the table, the dogs can see, but not touch.

• mom2sulu
    8 years ago

We are also enjoying our first Christmas in our new home. (Btw, feel free to finish the room for me-- rug, drapes....lol. :)

Merry Christmas to you all and many blessings for the New Year!

• lisa_mocha
    Original Author
    8 years ago

My3dogs...love the carpentry and doggie ornaments:)

Hope you're feeling better soon!!

• lisa_mocha
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Mom2sulu... Beautiful and wishing you every happiness in your new home:)

From what I can see, looks gorgeous! Love the fireplace and built- ins!

• maddielee
    8 years ago

Rosestink, our wrapped gifts are real. The wrapped items were always placed under the tree as they we're wrapped.

Santa brought the stuff that that wasn't wrapped.

Beautiful trees everyone! It's fun seeing them, thanks for sharing.

• schoolhouse_gw
    8 years ago

Wow, all the trees are so nice. I can't believe it, but this year I brought the pre-lit tree out with the beaded garlands left on from year to year, put the lighted star on top, and that's all! I love my vintage xmas ornaments and enjoy unwrapping and seeing them as if for the first time every year; but this year I put nary a one on. Didn't even get the boxes out. Maybe if there was snow.....

Anyhow, here is a pic of sorts from last year with the chandelier all blinged out with a jeweled and lit garland.

• IdaClaire
    8 years ago

Seems a shame that we get to enjoy these fabulous trees for such a short season. Then again, I suppose that's what makes them all the more special. I just love how so many different styles and geographic regions are represented here. You're all making me feel so ... well, Christmassy! :-)

• Bunny
    8 years ago

Closeup of my 5-ft. noble fir

• User
    8 years ago

Gosh, more Gorgrous trees! They are by far my favorite holiday decoration.

Nini, how wide is your tree?!

My3dogs, hope you feel better soon.

• pugga
    8 years ago

Here is my very non-traditional tree. I started it years ago when I found dancing poodles in tutus and could not resist.

• lisa_mocha
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Pugga...love it!

Definitely unique:)

• eandhl2
    8 years ago

Fruit, nuts & candles.

• nhbaskets
    8 years ago

Love seeing all the trees and happy to share ours!

Dining Room with all Willliraye ornaments

Miniature tree on my island covered in tiny shells from Sanibel Island

And our Living Room tree with Longaberger baskets (hence, my screen name)

Favorite tree decoration is the popcorn I strung the first year we were married. This year it celebrates our 33rd Christmas! Merry Christmas to all!

• User
    8 years ago

Nh, that's quite a commitment for 33 years! I strung popcorn for a few years early in our marriage. Cranberries too. Maybe next year I'll try the popcorn again.

• nhbaskets
    8 years ago

CindyMac, it's the same string of popcorn from 33 years ago!

• User
    8 years ago

Wow, some gorgeous trees! Love love love how festive they all are!

We just got ours up this past weekend, it's a nobel fir too, I love the way they smell!

• User
    8 years ago

Nh, no! How does it still look so good?

• amck2
    8 years ago

nhbaskets, I love your popcorn garland and can't believe it's stayed in such good shape! We did popcorn and cranberry strands for the first few years we were married. After Christmas we'd string it over a live pine tree in our yard for the birds.

If I'd known it would keep so well I might have held on to them instead. I remember pricking my fingertips over and over.... Eight years into it we gave up and bought wooden beads from the Christmas Dove. That was a huge expense for us back then. But we've been using them for 30 yrs, so in the end, a good investment ;)

• joaniepoanie
    8 years ago

Somehow my post and pic are not showing up. I'll try again. Love all the trees......some are magazine-worthy!

• nhbaskets
    8 years ago

Funny how you don't hear the younger generation stringing popcorn these days. Back 33 years ago, it was a cheap way to decorate the tree. I used a hot air popper (remember those?) and no cranberries. Every year I store it in the same dry cleaning bag in a cardboard box. It gets stored in a closet, never in the basement. It moved with us from an apartment, to our condo, and to our two houses. We lose a few kernels every year, but the majority are hanging on. To me, it's Christmas.

• nini804
    8 years ago

These are all so lovely! Allison, ours is about 5.5' feet across. We lucked out...it is the perfect width, not too wide but not too skinny! :)

• katlan
    8 years ago

Here's my 9' prelit tree. We love it. Even put up a small little 3' one in the LR this year. I don't have a tree topper again this year, ugh. I need to get one, but obviously, not til after Christmas now. Oh well.

and the small one....

• lisa_mocha
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Gorgeous trees everyone!!

I've missed putting up a larger one the last few years as we're usually in FL for the holidays...not this year though while DH in cast. So....as we're home, have enjoyed the Christmas decorating!

• MtnRdRedux
    8 years ago

This year we have five trees. My flocked one in the DR, three mini fake ones for each kids room, and our primary family tree, which this year we put in the LR instead of FR (still need photos for that one)

first, the mini trees my girls did. I love these !

Second post to come

• MtnRdRedux
    8 years ago

My dr flocked real tree

• Errant_gw
    8 years ago

Here is ours :)

• Errant_gw
    8 years ago

And SO's little game room tree

• arcy_gw
    8 years ago

Gosh they must have taken HOURS--as in DAYS. So beautiful everyone of them.

• User
    8 years ago

Nh, I'm still flabbergasted that you've been able to keep the same popcorn for 33 years.

After Christmas we'd string it over a live pine tree in our yard for the birds.

We did too.

Speaking of birds ... earlier today we saw sparrows trying to eat an English muffin laying in the Whole Foods parking lot. Dh picked it up and tore it in to bite size pieces tossing them onto the grassy area so the birds could eat in peace. Was a sweet thing to see. I'm so happy he's home for Christmas. My present!!!

• OutsidePlaying
    8 years ago

Mtn, your flocked tree must have turned out a-ok or you wouldn't have it in your DR. Here is a small fake one I bought to brighten up a corner or our DR. I didn't put ornaments on it because it is skinny & the flocking was coming off every time I touched it but I did stick an old felt Santa topper on it.

This is a mini tree in our bedroom.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    8 years ago

Really enjoyed looking @ everyone's lovely trees!

Sorry a bit late, but here's ours. After years of elaborate real trees decorated w/ traditional ornaments, garlands, lights & candy, once our kids were grown, I got a small vintage aluminum tree on eBay & have enjoyed its convenience & simplicity ever since. No lights, no topper, no watering - takes me about 1/2 hour to complete...

Here it is the first year we had it - 2007. Only year w/ icicles, after I learned (the hard way) that my cat liked to eat them...

& here's a tree @ work - all decorations by kids in my arts & crafts classes...

Merry Christmas to everyone!

• fluffybutt
    8 years ago

Here is the house done up for Christmas. The tree was a team effort but my 12 year old DS did most of the work.

• User
    8 years ago

Lovely pics, all. Here is ours, post carnage.

• petalique
    8 years ago

Merry Christmas, everyone.

I'm relaxing by the fire and thought I'd look at your many lovely trees. Beautiful! So many styles - heck, some of you have more than one, or more than two.

nhbaskets and amck, love the popcorn. I too recall the pricked fingers. An image came to mind -- of some pragmatic Yankee like myself, short on time, stitching up garland after garland of popcorn on a vintage sewing machine. First one to post such a photo or illustration of that wins a fruitcake.

Justgottabeme, I love your kitty. We used to have a Maine coon. Cool cats!

• MtnRdRedux
    8 years ago

Our family tree, in under the wire while I stir risotto...

• fluffybutt
    8 years ago

I love everyone's trees! Merry Christmas!!

• IdaClaire
    8 years ago

I saw this on my morning walk. A Charlie Brown tree if ever there was one!