Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christacharlene

Share Your Harvest And Garden Pictures Here

christacharlene
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I am already dreaming about my 2016 garden. Post some of your favorite garden/harvest pictures here, mostly tomatoes but also share some of your other vegi/flower pics for inspiration if you want to. It will be nice to see some color during this gloomy winter.

Comments (24)

• whgille
    8 years ago

It is so warm here for this time of the year, I am suppose to start tomatoes soon for the spring season but my fall tomatoes are still producing. Eggplants the same and I am lucky to have greens, carrots, beets, peas. In the fruit department, I just harvested the biggest banana bunch ever for me, I still have another bunch to ripen from the same plant.

One hand from the banana bunch, the rest is in another containers in the garage....

Tomatoes and eggplants

Have a very abundant and happy New Year to all!

Silvia

• Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
    8 years ago

Yeah, right. Who else is harvesting now other than Silvia. hehe

O! I grew those Zebra eggplants one year. The plants were 5 -6 ft tall and good producers. This was back in Atlanta, GA.

Here is a harvest , last summer.

Sey

• christacharlene
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Silvia,

Are homegrown bananas better than store bought? I have always wondered about that. No chance I will ever grow bananas here in zone 6.

Sey,

Old pictures from summertime are fine too! The lack of greenery and sunlight in the winter gives me the blues, so any pictures are great.

• christacharlene
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Here are some of my pictures from this year's growing season

A variety of tomatoes, some cucumbers, a squash, okra and a Klondike Blue Ribbon watermelon.

My son holding a Old Time Tennessee melon, the smaller ones are golden Jenny Lind.

some of my garden/jungle

A baby horn worm eating one of my tomato plants, photo taken seconds before meeting his/her untimely death.

Yellow Moon and Stars watermelon growing on the vine

A view of some of my tomatoes, I use a stake and weave method to support them.

more tomatoes

• yolos - 8a Ga. Brooks
    8 years ago

My biggest harvests this year were Pinkeye Purple Hull Peas, Garlic and Tomatoes.

Tomatoes

PinkEye Purple Hull Peas

Garlic

• christacharlene
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Wow! That is a lot of tomatoes harvested at one time.

• User
    8 years ago

We had mockingbirds nest in the kitchen garden arbor this year. When the babies fledged they spent time among the tomato plants. Harvesting tomatoes (mostly cherry at that time) was a bit challenging. I was typically bombed and tapped on the shoulder by one of the parents.

• whgille
    8 years ago

Beautiful garden photos!

Christacharlene, the only way to compare the homegrown banana flavor is with the homegrown tomatoes and the store bought ones. At one time in my garden I had 12 different varieties and I only kept 1, the one that I liked the best considering flavor, disease resistance and production. I make a lot of banana bread recipes to give to friends and neighbors and they always ask for the recipe saying it is the best tasting and I always say, it is not the recipe but the banana flavor. it jumps at you!

I am slow roasting tomatoes and drying bananas the first day of the year.:)

Silvia

christacharlene thanked whgille
  • antmary_Omaha_NE_5b
    8 years ago

I was looking through the pictures and I was kind of surprised by the seasonal metamorphosis it goes from April to October.

• antmary_Omaha_NE_5b
    8 years ago

Sorry, I have a problem pasting photos from my tablet.

• antmary_Omaha_NE_5b
    8 years ago

Plenty of tomatoes and all garden veggies eventually

• antmary_Omaha_NE_5b
    8 years ago

Late tomatoes, they are not so pretty, Florida weave doesn't do much.

• antmary_Omaha_NE_5b
    8 years ago

Other garden pictures.

• antmary_Omaha_NE_5b
    8 years ago

More...

• antmary_Omaha_NE_5b
    8 years ago

Last harvest.

• garf_gw
    8 years ago

I tried to take pics of the plants, my camera was dead. Now to try to fix it.

• garf_gw
    8 years ago

I got it working, now there is not enough light. Maybe tommorrow.

• db6040
    8 years ago

Garden and harvest shots through the season. It was our first year with a real garden and we had so much fun.

• Pumpkin (zone 10A)
    8 years ago

Some of my citrus pickings from this weekend--the grocery sacks are fuller than they look! No more fruit would fit in any of the bags (not all bags pictured). I still have sooooooo many lemons on my tree.

No ripe tomatoes for my fall season. At this point they'll be spring tomatoes!

• hudson___wy
    8 years ago

Some Garden Candy - like fresh peas from the pod - would sure taste awesome right now !!

Or some sweet crisp Carrots !!

We are still eating stored onions from the garden though - they store well and should last us through April and sometimes May.

• garf_gw
    8 years ago

This is the beginning of my growing season in Miami. These are the 3 largest Everglades plants with the largest 2 having blooms already.

They are still babies.

christacharlene thanked garf_gw
  • Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
    8 years ago

Hahaha ..

Here

is may garden... And ..

... it won't be long :)

Sey