Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
courtsquare

courtsquare
12 years ago
Is this a faux entertainment center? It looks like it could be built inexpensively around a big screen?
atlanta job · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    DeCocco Design
    12 years ago
    Oh, I don't think there's anything faux about it. The proportions are large, like the TV. And I'm sure there's plenty of room behind that tv for all those awful wires that plague so many designs. It's a beauty. Maybe the designer will write and tell us all more about it?
  • bepsf
    12 years ago
    I sincerely doubt there's anything inexpensive about this installation either - There are center channel speakers behind the grillework above the screen, and there are speakers mounted in the ceiling (barely visible - see upper left hand of the photo above the windows) I'd bet that the audio components are behind those doors - operated by an RF repeater rather than Infared remote, which is why the doors are solid - then there's probably space for the DVD's, etc in all those drawers...
    ...and the entire set of cabinetry could hold all this if it's built into a wall recess, resulting in the shallow appearance.
  • PRO
    Fowler Interiors
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    yea, it's not faux. bepsf is correct for the most part. the unit is recessed into the wall and there is actually a steel beam running directly behind the tv that we had to work around. the only components under the tv are gaming consoles and the remaining electronics are located down the hallway in a dedicated room. it's a different angle, but here's a before photo.
  • PRO
    DeCocco Design
    12 years ago
    Thank you for sharing the info and pix. What a FABulous job you did!
  • PRO
    Fowler Interiors
    12 years ago
    thank you! very nice of you to say.