Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micalynn85

This Wall is going to be the death of me

micalynn85
8 years ago

I cannot decide on what to do with this space!!! I just recently put this Moose head up, and it looks awful and out of place... Please help! also need help with pillows :/

Comments (31)

• mjconti
    8 years ago

I'd put the moose head in a closet and never let it see the light of day! If you don't like it, take it down.

• S Bailey
    8 years ago

Just shows how beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen a lot of all white versions of "trophy heads" in magazines lately, but that harlequin one is new to me. Agree that it doesn't go with the classic, subdued feel of the rest of the room. The big plant is nice -- maybe add some more color down where those ducks are own your cabinet. Patterned pillows to pick up the green in the plants (among other colors) and add some zing would be great.

• micalynn85
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I LOVE the moose head, just not in this space. it doesn't look right I know. I bought it around Christmas time and I saw this photo online and had to have it....

• micalynn85
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I do not have another space where I could put this big guy... so if he must come down, I'm ok with that.

• erinsean
    8 years ago

Would he fit on the wall above the plant which is in the corner?

• Carolina
    8 years ago

Or above the opening through to the kitchen?

• bichonbabe
    8 years ago

Is there room for it to the right of the bookcase ? Part of the problem where you have it now is that it's hung too high. I think it's a fun piece.

• micalynn85
    Original Author
    8 years ago

There is a vent in the center of wall, not sure it would look ok out to the side...

• micalynn85
    Original Author
    8 years ago

and the space is too tight beside the book case :/

• PRO
    HMH Development Inc
    8 years ago

How about switching the placement of the lamp and picture frame. Then bring moose head down a bit. From your picture it looks like the head is directly over lamp.

• PRO
    Clayton Gray Home
    8 years ago

Move him down about 4-6 inches and over to your left/his right to be more over the sofa. Put something like these mirrors on the rest of the wall to create a real statement and merge the space :

Set of 5 Rattan Mirrors | Clayton Gray Home · More Info

We have some great white and black pillows :

Olivia Throw Pillow · More Info

Hello Beautiful Pillow · More Info

Garden Maze - Black - Trina Turk · More Info

You Make Me Happy Pillow · More Info

Lomita Square Pillow - Black - Trina Turk · More Info

micalynn85 thanked Clayton Gray Home
  • susan2494
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Put a frame around him and get a taller plant in corner to balance him. Looks very nice. Keep him.

Pardon the piece meal décor. But you can see the idea.

micalynn85 thanked susan2494
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    8 years ago
    Remove head. Nothing is needed there.
  • PRO
    Wilson Lighting
    8 years ago

I think the moose head may look better amongst other decor. Put up some artwork, mirrors, or shelves and see how it looks in the mix. And if you don't like it you can take off the head and keep the rest!

micalynn85 thanked Wilson Lighting
  • susan2494
    8 years ago

micalynn85 thanked susan2494
  • PRO
    User
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Paint that moose head solid white and move it to the left so it's not competing with the table lamp and I think it could still work in the space.

micalynn85 thanked User
  • Lila
    8 years ago

That moose is FUN; don't give up on him.

micalynn85 thanked Lila
  • susan2494
    8 years ago

Of course he is not needed there, nothing is needed there, but it is whimsical and interesting. If you like him, keep him.

• PRO
    Lindsay MacRae Interiors, LLC
    8 years ago

Black and white print pillows would be nice in this space.

micalynn85 thanked Lindsay MacRae Interiors, LLC
  • jlwilliams47
    8 years ago

I love the moose head in the harlequin print. Don't paint it. Possibly lower it and add some pops of color in your book case or with pillows. Maybe some red or turquoise.

micalynn85 thanked jlwilliams47
  • PRO
    Poovi Art
    8 years ago

i think this is not the right place for moose head....you should put this some where else....you can put large picture or wall art in this area rather then moose head.....put a large original artwork will enhance the look ........for more artwork check my shop too..

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PooArtGallery?ref=profile_shopname

micalynn85 thanked Poovi Art
  • Ann
    8 years ago

I had the same thought as previously suggested. Nothing is needed on that wall.

micalynn85 thanked Ann
  • maddyanddextersmom
    8 years ago

remove the stand, the lamp, the head and the tree. A arching floor light would be cool, or a much bigger tree.

micalynn85 thanked maddyanddextersmom
  • PRO
    micalynn85 thanked Jimmy's Art Work
  • marylut
    8 years ago
    Paint a shield shape behind the moose head to anchor it to the wall. Black, white, or your accent color. I can't tell if it is too high. Usually they are hung higher than artwork.
  • PRO
    Colorwheel Painting, LLC
    8 years ago

I was thinking about adding a vertical stripe system... narrow black maybe 4" then white wide around 18" for the center, and finally another black 4" at the right. All stripes floor to ceiling on the drywall wall. Or go with a strong contrast color.

micalynn85 thanked Colorwheel Painting, LLC
  • leelee
    8 years ago

Can you show us the other walls? Do you need the pass-thru?

• Pootie Watson
    last year

HoHow abouabout a house fire? R U insured?

• marylut
    last year

@Pootie Watson this thread was posted years ago