Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cohenjen

Is Bellacor legit?

Jennifer
8 years ago

There is a Feiss light that I want to buy, and I was planning on buying it from Bellacor.com. I've seen bad reviews on the website, but I've also seen bad reviews on other sites like homeclick.com. The only sites that I know are legit are things like homedepot.com, but the price is much more there.

Comments (23)

• User
    8 years ago

I ordered from bellacor years ago with no issues.

• Jennifer
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you!

• reba120
    8 years ago
    I ordered from them and neither light I purchased worked.
  • beseaside
    8 years ago

I have used Shades of Light successfully. Great service. Get the name of the light you like and then google it specifically (use brand and model). If you don't trust Bellacor, then try something like ATG stores (Lowe's). It is a great way to comparison shop pricing.

• Judy Mishkin
    8 years ago

another vote for shades of light, they have quite a few things i never saw anywhere else and their service was good.

• Jennifer
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Unfortunately, shades of light doesn't have the light I'm looking for. I have a 15% off code for Bellacor, which would save me almost $150. I spent hours looking at different websites last night, and it seems like reviews were bad for almost every one.

• Jennifer
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback!

• PRO
    ROAM Architecture
    8 years ago

Hello, cohenjen,

As luck would have it, I received a coupon code in the mail today for 20% at Bellacor. If you are still interested in your order, I can forward you the code via private message. Please let me know. Thanks!

• Jennifer
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you so much for the offer- that's so nice of you! I actually ordered the light last Friday with the 15% off promo code I had. I spoke with customer service who said it should ship in 1-2 business days and I'd receive an email as soon as it ships. I've been on pins and needles watching my email but I haven't gotten anything. I'm thinking maybe because Monday was Presidents' Day- maybe that day doesn't count. My contractor will install it for me as long as it's here by next Wednesday- I'm thinking it won't happen! Thanks again!

• PRO
    ROAM Architecture
    8 years ago

Hi,

You're welcome! Well, good luck with it all. Yes, I'm sure that Monday doesn't count as its a federal holiday. Fingers crossed your order ships today. Let us know how it all turns out! I'm confident all will be great. :)

• PRO
    Phase One Design
    6 years ago

We use them for our clients and I have used them personally. We have had great success ordering from them. Good luck!

• valerie_jopalian
    5 years ago

They have the worst customer service and make it almost impossible to return items for a refund. I’ve been waiting 2 weeks for a return shipping label from them, what a joke! The customer service reps are incredibly rude

• Anelo Cardar
    5 years ago

Bellacor screwed me over. Stay away! Very BAD service!! Good luck if you need to return a damaged item. Stay Away!!!

• Lori Jensen
    5 years ago

Before ordering anything from Bellacor please be aware of their horrible return policy. Shipping is free, but returns can be $100's of dollars. My chandelier cost me $165 to return. I also had to return 2 pendant lights, return was close to $100.Their customer service is not fun to deal with. Hope this can help someone not make the mistake I did.

• bdbuckle
    5 years ago
    Very poor experience from Bellacor. Chandelier had broken globe. They did replace this relatively quickly with only one phone call. Wall sconces had bent, visible flaws. I didn’t contact them for replacement just tried to bend them back to shape on my own. Fan I ordered had broken wall switch. Tried to use their chat feature - radio silence - waste of time. Eventually emailed them for replacement.

On another instance I tried to get help over the phone to purchase some matching down rods and light kits for fans. Items weren’t loaded in their system but was assured they would contact manufacturer and get part number loaded so I could order. After four phone calls and a couple weeks of waiting for a response from their customer service, finally just gave up and ordered directly from another retailer (Lumens) and received what I needed in about four days.
  • Pam Flores
    4 years ago

I don't recommend them. I ordered a product on a Friday night. The next day, Saturday I realized that the pendant wouldn't work, so I went to the site to cancel the order. There is NO way to cancel an order on the website. No chat-it's only open during business hours. No one to call-once again, only business hours and those are EST. So, I left an email explaining that I wanted to cancel the order that I placed the day before. Monday morning I contacted them to reconfirm the confirmation. They wanted to confirm that I wanted to cancel the pendant. YES>>> that's what I said in my email. The next day, Tuesday, I received an email stating that they are sorry, but the item has been shipped out and it can't be cancelled. It was an "open box" aka a returned item, so there is no return on those items, However, I wanted to cancel the order, so it wouldn't be shipped. I talked to customer service twice. They said that in order to get items out fast, that they don't look at cancellations, just start processing the weekend orders first thing Monday morning. Since the processing was started first thing in the morning, they aren't able to cancel it as "it is in process". What about both the order and the cancellation were in house at the same time? WHY can't there be a cancel order feature on the website? Why can't there be an after hour chat? Why can't they ear-mar the non-returnable items prior to shipping to determine that the order hasn't been cancelled? Their answers were basically, "we are a small company". However, many of these options would cost very little. I went the the BBB and Bellacor wouldn't budge. I ordered it and it was mine. One of the worse customer experiences I have ever had. I now have a $ 500 pendant that I will most likely never use. They now have an ex customer who will never shop there again. Oh, did I mention I tried to log into my Bellacor account and I'm locked out? Hm, maybe they are worried that I wouldn't give them a good review???

• Maribel Cazares
    3 years ago

Super slim chance but did you ever get your order Jennifer?

• Jane Carmichael
    3 years ago

I ordered a couple of relatively expensive lights for here in New Zealand 2 years ago and the service and the products could not have been better, even the shipping costs were not horrendous - I was so impressed - seems my experience quite different from most

• Sur Brown
    3 years ago

Beware of Bellacor! I ordered a Crystorama chandelier from Bellacor about 18 months ago. It was $995. I didn’t use it much but the lights started sizzling and sparkling about 3 months ago and were popping my breakers. My electrician said the chandelier was defective because it wasn’t wired properly. You could see all the light bulbs were burnt out at the base. Bellacor wouldn’t do anything for me because they said it was more than a year. They wouldn’t even give me a store credit. With tax and bulbs I spent over $1,000 for about a year’s use of a chandelier. I would never buy from Bellacor or a Crystorama light again because they don’t stand behind their product. Most reputable stores would have worked with me as a customer. Beware - Bellacor and Crystorama will NOT stand behind their sales.

• dani_m08
    2 years ago

@Sur Brown - were you able to get anywhere with Bellacor re: your chandelier? I wanted to let you know that you actually do have some recourse based upon the chandelier‘s defective wiring. Your state will have some form of consumer protection laws, as well as implied warranty for a particular purpose/implied warranty of merchantability + possible other causes of action. If you purchased the chandelier on as ”as is” basis, your implied warranty rights would be waived. Consumer protection laws exist to prevent unethical and/or dangerous business practices, such as faulty advertising or faulty products.

You will be able to file an action in small claims court without the need for an attorney. Many jurisdictions provide for the recovery of attorney’s fees as part of your damages under consumer protection laws. The reason for the recovery of your fees is because this type of lawsuit is viewed as one that not only benefits you personally, but also helps protect the general public.

I just wanted to let you know because I would be pretty upset if I purchased a chandelier and it had defective wiring. Obviously, I would not be happy about wasting $$ - however, I would be FURIOUS because of what might have happened to my family/property in the event that the defective wiring caused a house fire or electrocuted someone!

• kimhurst16
    last year

Just ordered mirror and it was damaged, they wont exchange or return! It was past my 30 days but this was a new build and so much was coming in i ordered and didnt check it out until it was too late. Dont buy they sell inferior products.

• lindagpeston
    4 months ago

What’s the discount if I use the pro site ?