Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gmp3

Need help with finishing touches

gmp3
8 years ago

I just got the two antique chairs back from the upholsterer and am ready to finish this room. I need to replace the picture over the blue table and add some window covering to the small window. Any suggestions? Do you think I need a table between the chairs in front of the big window?

Comments (8)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Since the coffee table is quite close to the chairs I don't think it's necessary to have a table between them. The shutters on your window are so nice that I wouldn't want to hide them in any way. As for the small window, unless you need the light and open that window a lot, I would choose a sheer panel as close as possible to the color of the wall to cover it and take the focus away from its odd position.

• stratfordroad
    8 years ago

Love your room! I don't think you need a table between the chairs. If you do a window covering, I'd try something light & airy, maybe with a touch of that pretty blue. Is the table base brass? Do you have a brass bowl or lamp with a brass base you could bring into the room?

• tibbrix
    8 years ago

I wouldn't put a table between the two chairs. I would, though, probably put a small side table next to each so people have a comfortable place to put drinks, books, etc.

Those half-moon windows are tough. I'd just put a film on it to keep sun glare out.

• User
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Pretty room and beautiful chairs. If the room is for show, the center table would be fine. If you entertain people, have friends over and spend time in there, I would want a small table for each of the chairs. Bending back and forth with a glass of wine and a small plate would drivie me bonkers and anxious to leave if the only resting spot was the center table. I would hope I might have something like the pottery barn accent table below to rest my glass and plate upon as I rested back and visited.

• DYH
    8 years ago

Lovely room! Your table works so well, I'm not sure adding another would help unless you need it for functional reasons. Something small with a marble top would go well, I think. Your coffee table is a great design with the glass and brass.

I agree plantation shutters on the lower sash of the small window. Then, you may want to see if a portrait oriented mirror over the chest in the left corner balances out the brightness of the small window.

Are those two gorgeous wood framed a "lady/gent" pair? My eyes want to see the pairs side-by-side, instead of opposite, on the view from the entrance. Though, opposites attract, right? :-)

• User
    8 years ago

BTW - I love that rug.

• gmp3
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks everyone, you gave me lots to think about! Great suggestions.