Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jessebean

kitchen help

jessebean
8 years ago

Always knew I was going to work on the kitchen but a pipe froze and I got ahead of myself and made a mess. I love my old kitchen but need help figuring out what to do with the fridge, The kitchen is 12ft 8 by 21 ft3. The main wall has 2 pantries off each side which leave a spaces 16 inches deep which means shallow cabinets at each end (2nd pic). The frig right now is on the wall opposite the sink/stove in what used to be a porch(4th pic). Its far away and what you face when you enter the house from the new porch. I want to put a window seat/table there. The frig has
been in one of the pantries an it could go back in there - not ideal
but maybe there is no ideal. I could move the sink to the wall with the china cabinet (3rd pic) and put the frig right up next to the window, leaving about 18 inches to reduce the depth to 16 but I think that would be really awkward. I could put the frig where the china cabinet is now but it jutts out into the room alot. The china cabinet wall has a pantry door - covered with sheet, door to the attic stairs, bathroom door and behind the bump out the door we use to go out. I plan to get a regular double single and single range , adding about 2 ft out counter space. I have a dress/table as a T island now but could get rid of it, replace with farm table? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments (9)