Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jetrash

Please help with counter top colours

Saida Rashid
8 years ago

Counter dilemma

I posted this awhile back but it was suggested that I post here for more feedback so hear goes :)

We are building a new home with an overall rustic, cape cod, cottage feel to it and we would like the kitchen to have a rustic, farmhouse vibe. The floors throughout the main floor are primarily hand scraped hickory floors in a medium brown stain.

The perimeter cabinets in the kitchen are Benjamin Moore cloud white, and there is an 8ft by 4ft island with "Hudson Bay" blue cabinetry. We've picked out a 33" Whitehaven apronfront sink (dune) and a Blanco silgranit prep sink which will be on the island (I will choose the colour after counters have been picked).

I've included pics of the two paint colours to give you an idea. Sorry they're so big, I couldn't figure out how to make them smaller!

There are 4 reclaimed beams on the ceiling and a reclaimed barn door down the hallway. Our appliances are all integrated so the only visible stainless steel is the 48" Bluestar range with double oven plus the range hood.

Here's where I need help. I want to do stone countertops but I don't know what colour. I feel like the island needs a light colour to contrast with the blue cabinets. But I don't want to do white on white on the perimeter. Would 2 different colours (perimeter and island) be too much? And if so, what colours would look good? I don't want busy countertops as I am a little OCD and like to see and clean up crumbs easily ;)

I think I've found the perfect island counter :Caesarstone Bianco Drift. However, I have yet to see this stone in person so this may change, but it looks promising. Here's a pic:

If I decide to go with Caesarstone, do you think a darker stone on the perimeter would look odd? I'm thinking raven or emperadora, maybe even stone grey?

Also, can you please guide me in what is considered okay and what's a no-no when it come to matching kitchen hardware? I really like orb and I'm looking at the Kohler Vinnata for the main whitehaven sink but I want to get the kohler Karbon for the island prep sink and it doesn't come in orb so I'd probably end up with chrome for that.

And what about cabinet hardware? Does it have to match the faucets???

I'd appreciate any feedback you can offer :)

Thanks!

Saida

Comments (6)