Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jbriss

Need suggestions for New England planting, small hillside

jbriss
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello,

New to this forum, lots of great info to read though. So my wife and I have worked on building out a previously weeded area into a functional fire pit and landscaped area. It's still under work, with the small hillside in need of landscaping and vegetation now. We are looking for suggestions. Living in Massachusetts, zone 6. Pics attached. There is a fire nearby that we will use 2-3 times per week but it is at the higher elevation so I do not see the smoke hitting the plants directly. One other factor is that this area gets sunlight 5-6 hours per day, is in the east-west path of the sun but gets clipped in the morning and evening by trees so probably from 10-3:30 is safe sunlight for this area. What is attached in the photos is the view of the area we want to plant within the landscape timbers (bottom part of the pictures). there are weeds there currently that we have not dug up yet. Want something that is full, lush, and will take up the space. We are looking for suggestions on plants and any other thoughts that you may have. Thank you so much in advance for your advice.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County