Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bren5kids

Any Ilve 40" range owners?

Brenda
7 years ago

I am looking at purchasing a 40" Ilve Majestic Techno Dual Fuel range. I can't see it in person and have a question about the larger oven interior dimensions. The website lists the oven interior as being 17 5/16 wide and 17 11/16 deep. I have some favorite pans that I use all the time and they are 17 7/8 wide. What I'm wondering is if there is any "wiggle room" in those dimensions. Could you fit a pan of that size in your 40" Ilve and get the door shut?

I have spoken to the dealer about it over the phone but all she did is refer to the book, I take it the actual oven is boxed up and she can't actually put in a similar sized pan or use a measuring tape.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments (12)

• Brenda
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Bump

• meetmeinparis
    7 years ago

@bren5kids - please let us know how you like your Ilve!

• jvitek113
    7 years ago

Hello! Just wondering how you like your 40" techno Ilve? I am looking at the same size and type and would be very curious about any reviews that you have of it. Thanks!

• kkelly70
    3 years ago

I'm curious if you purchased this range and did you like it? I'm looking at this or the Hallman (which I think are the same or close) and I'm wondering about he oven sizes and is the largest side a decent size or not? We usually cook ~20+ lb turkey and I'm concerned it will not be able to accommodate.

• Brenda
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I did purchase it. As far as performance, I love all the ovens different modes and settings. The true convection is the setting I use the most and it bakes things beautifully. I bake a lot, for a family 8, so it’s used nearly every day.
    But honestly, I would probably not buy it again, solely because of the oven size. I cannot fit a 17.75” x 13” pan in it. Before owning this oven, that size sheet pan was my most used. But thankfully, because it bakes so beautifully in the convection mode, I can put pans on several racks. I have just had to buy some different size pans and learn how to work around it. Also, I do have a full-size oven in my guest house right outside my door, so thats been a lifesaver for when I absolutely have to have a large oven.
    The small oven cannot accommodate even a 9 x 13. I can put one bread pan in it, or some pie pans, or an 8 x 8 or 10 x 7.
    If you’re looking for an oven that can accommodate a 20 pound turkey, you will probably be disappointed. You might be able to find a roaster pan that could hold a 20 pound turkey that you could fit in the oven. But it would take up every last square inch in the oven. I cook large meals at holidays, and I always put the turkey in my electric roaster oven.
    As far as the cooktop, I love having the six burners. But the burners have been a little bit finicky, even though we’ve had a technician out a time or two to mess with the burners. Some of them don’t light immediately, and some of them go out when turned down too low. The flames don’t shoot up as straight as other less expensive gas stoves that I’ve had in the past. But overall, I’m satisfied. It’s an absolutely beautiful piece of art, and the centerpiece of the kitchen. But like I said before, if I could do it over again I wouldn’t buy it simply because of the oven size. I bought it online, so I couldn’t take my pans and go to the show room and see if they fit in the oven.

• dylan3d
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I'm considering purchasing the 40" induction range but I'd like to confirm the oven's depth.

I see this document: https://www.ilveusa.com/range.html?sku=UMDI10NS3WHC

It states the large oven has a depth of 14.17" and the small oven a depth of 15.35"

I read another source that stated both ovens have a depth of 17 11/16”

Can someone please measure and confirm which is accurate? Thank you!

• dylan3d
    3 years ago

I wrote the manufacture and they confirmed the smaller size:

We have taken into consideration the oven racks, the broiler located at the top of the cavity, as well as the convection fan located at the rear of the cavity. Below are the usable oven cavity dimensions.

Width – 15.35

Height – 11.42

Depth – 14.17

• Janet Williams
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I am not sure if people on this thread are talking about the Ilve or the Hallman range anymore. Please make it clear in your posts. This thread is about Ilve. I have a 30” Ilve and the oven is smallish, but all my prior oven’s pans (cookie sheet, turkey roaster, etc.) all fit in. The Ilve range is amazing looking, and I have not had one problem with it in 2.5 years. One reason I purchased it is that it has basic controls unlike most digitally controlled ranges today. The only thing digital is the clock/timer. That was a big selling point to me. For clarity’s sake, the people that have problems with Hallman need to take that to another thread under that brand name. Yes, it is the same manufacturer and roughly the same look (details not as nice IMO), but the price difference and problems reported imply that it is not made with materials and specifications of the same high quality as Ilve.

Ilve is a great range, and I would buy it again. Ours has a gas cooktop and an electric oven in the matte graphite finish with oil-rubbed bronze trim.

• dylan3d
    3 years ago

@Janet I was discussing the Ilve range. I'm glad to hear you like it. Reading the spec of your oven size... at 23" by 14" you can fit a 1/2 size cookie sheet. The 40" range is a bit more limiting, For the large oven I'd need to go with a quarter size sheet or find an odd shaped sheet. This is not the end of world as I have a full size wall oven as well but I'm replacing a 40" double oven Wedgewood range that can fit a 1/2 sheet in each.

• Janet Williams
    3 years ago

Thanks for clarifying the make, pepenpaco. I see that the 40" Ilve has two ovens, so I guess the larger of the two is still smaller than the 30" oven. Darn that! Hope you can make it work with smaller sheets/pans. It's good that you have the wall oven for the turkey. :)

• sschwane
    last year

Janet,

i am interested in purchasing the Llve 30” dual fuel Magestic II range Beautiful ranges is this the model you have? i was also concerned with whether a 20 lb turkey would fit into this oven thank you Sheila S