Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jrbarnard

OT : It's a sad sad day....

Russ Barnard
7 years ago

So.. bought an inexpensive espresso / cappuccino make a month or two ago. Nothing fancy, but inexpensive enough that I could leave it at the office and not worry if it was stolen.

It broke a week or two ago.. no more frother arm steam.

I took it back, replaced it.

I got one.. ONE use out of the new one, and it too is now not working.

It is a very sad day when you get your cup all set up.. milk ready, coffee brewed.. and you swap to the steamer and BAM..nothing.. nothing at all.

So now...I have no coffee today.

yes.. I know... very sad....

I think I will cry a little.. then go get a Dr. Pepper...

lol

Comments (25)

• Cheryl Hewitt
    7 years ago

Russ Barnard thanked Cheryl Hewitt
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    7 years ago

I am drinking my iced coffee mocha, I would be happy to make you one. It just isn't right not to have your coffee! Perhaps more money is needed for the purchase of a better machine lol.

Russ Barnard thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • sushipup1
    7 years ago

Please share the make and model. That will be much appreciated. I am sorry for your pain.

Russ Barnard thanked sushipup1
  • Russ Barnard
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

lol.. going to take this back and step it up. Just wanted a cheaper version so people do not get sticky fingers at work as I have to leave it in a public area.

It was a cheap one... so I get what I pay for.. but here it is:

BVMC-ECM260

• AnnKH
    7 years ago

I had a sad day on Sunday. My dog ate my Kindle. Well, he didn't really eat it - but chewed it up beyond repair.

So I ran out to buy a new one - nothing fancy, I don't need a tablet, just a backlit e-reader. No problem, found one in town.

But it's a newer version than the old one, and doesn't support the games I had. In fact, it does not support ANY games, but it cost just as much as the last one I bought. I don't have a smart phone, or any other portable devices - the Kindle was it. (and no, I'm not getting a smart phone).

Had I known that I was getting less functionality, I would have found a used one, just like I had. I was very disappointed!

• Russ Barnard
    Original Author
    7 years ago

lol

• powermuffin
    7 years ago

I work at a university and our area is populated by researchers with Ph.D.s. One professor brought in an expensive espresso machine and put it in the kitchen, in which several different coffee machines live. Within about 2 months, someone put coffee in the water tank and broke the new espresso machine.

So, yes, there is something to be said for being a luddite! At work, I heat my water in the microwave and use a tea strainer for my coffee (pre-ground - oh the horror) and steep my coffee, just like tea. Nothing to break...

Russ Barnard thanked powermuffin
  • smm5525
    7 years ago

Haha. This is what I lovingly refer to as a FWP

Russ Barnard thanked smm5525
  • scrappy25
    7 years ago

Not the same but if the espresso coffee part is still working you can buy a $2.99 electric frother from Ikea that works great on microwaved milk. I have the wonderful Aeruccino machine from Nespresso and there is no doubt that makes much higher quality froth but sometimes it is faster and easier to use the Ikea wand.

Russ Barnard thanked scrappy25
  • 1929Spanish-GW
    7 years ago

It's also a sad day when your machine is working and you forgot to buy milk. I feel your pain.

Russ Barnard thanked 1929Spanish-GW
  • User
    7 years ago

Oreo Thins come with chocolate filling now. HTH!

Russ Barnard thanked User
  • Russ Barnard
    Original Author
    7 years ago

y, I was thinking about you just the other day when I passed the Oreos.. lol. I think I ended up getting the full-bodied ones though ;)

R

• zorroslw1
    7 years ago

We are boycotting Oreos since they said they are moving their plant to Mexico. Haven't had one in months and they were our favorite.!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    7 years ago

We are boycotting Oreos since they said they are moving their plant to Mexico.

old false rumor:

http://www.snopes.com/oreo-moving-mexico/

They did cut 600 jobs in Chicago, though.

• Russ Barnard
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Save the Oreos!

• User
    7 years ago

The chocolate filling doesn't taste any different than the white because there's so little of it. It's all about the cookie part anyway.

• zorroslw1
    7 years ago

I shall verify the very good news about the Oreo plant moving to Mexico being a rumor. I hope it is true, viva la Oreos!!

• zorroslw1
    7 years ago

Well, I just read an article from a Chicago newspaper. Seems that although they are not closing the Chicago plant they are eliminating 600 of the 1200 jobs from the Chicago plant and moving them to Mexico where they said it is cheaper to make the cookies. BOOOOOO! Will still be boycotting Oreos. I long for the days when things said "Made in the USA". FYI, I also boycott Hobby Lobby. EVERYTHING in that place is made in China. I do have a few principles:/. Darn!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    7 years ago

Which paper and what date? Is this something different from the Trib article linked in the link in my first post about this?

• User
    7 years ago

Who cares where they're made? nom nom nom

• zorroslw1
    7 years ago

Writersblock

Not the same article. The one I read was also in the Trib but dated July 29, 2015.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    7 years ago

Thanks.

• Russ Barnard
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I asked my wife last night as I could not remember if I actually BOUGHT said Oreos as I had not seen them.... she hid them.. lol

• mgmum
    7 years ago

Sorry for your loss. Both the coffee machine and the oreos. :(