Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christina1432

Rustic Glam

christina1432
7 years ago

My sofa got delivered today and was looking for some feedback on where to go from here. I know I need an area rug, i would like a round ottoman, and maybe a little end table with an accent chair. I am really into the monochromatic glam look. I just dont want it to look too plain! How can I pull this look off???? Also, i will be hiding all of those wires. Thanks!

Comments (11)

• cpaul1
    7 years ago

I would pull that sectional out away from the wall into the center of the room. I would get an area rug, I would dress up the couch with a faux fur throw and some lux pillows, put in a coffee table. I would hang a bling-ey chandelier over the coffee table ... if you can't do that, then I would get a floor lamp with a large arc'ed arm to stand behind the couch and fall into the center of the room.

christina1432 thanked cpaul1
  • Alecia Gray
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Love the sofa !!! I would definitely pull this sectional away from the wall and have it floating facing the TV have the bottom of the V of the sectional pointing toward the kitchen . Maybe get some thin rustic tables to go behind the sofa to anchor it. Glam fur and sequins pillows are a must. Thinking a shag gray rug under a coffee table and some nice rustic end tables with the glam lamps ( maybe in mercury glass or spray paint pre existing ones to look that way) Maybe some antique books spray painted on the tables with pink flowers to give a pop of color.  For window treatments I would do floor to ceiling curtains to make the room appear larger and more grand, do them in sheer or light weight material in a very light pink or beige just to make it look elegant, but leave it open to show off the ledge with minimal decor. Wall pieces depends on your budget I know a few cool pieces I made and some I bought. Let me know what you are thanking and I'll try to help. Im still working on mine now

christina1432 thanked Alecia Gray
  • J D
    7 years ago
    I like the above suggestions a lot, although I'm not sure that there looks like there is space to comfortably fit a table behind the couch. But I would personally get a table for the empty wall next to the closet and place the painting you have over the top of it
  • J D
    7 years ago
    I wouldn't The the painting by itself on any of the walls you have....it needs to be over sometnjng like a table (as mentioned earlier). It's too small to stand on its own on your walls. The painting should be about 2/3 the width of whatever you put it over
    christina1432 thanked J D
  • Irene Morresey
    7 years ago
    Love the bright pops of colour
    christina1432 thanked Irene Morresey
  • christina1432
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you all so much! So, This is where I am at right now. Unfortunately I do not have the space to pull the sofa out from against the wall. I am also concerned because my window sill is so deep my curtains are hanging out . Also, there was not a small enough coffee table to go in that space. Any coffee table would hang over the edge of the sofa so I had to get the ottoman. I did order a floating shelf to put under the TV like a mantle.

Any more feedback is greatly appreciated thank you all !

• calidesign
    7 years ago

I think three interior mount blinds would be better on your windows than the drapes. If you decide to keep the drapes, you can use the stationary panels on the ends but will need to use a rod that extends all the way across the wall, on the outside of the window, and it will need a ceiling support. I would just remove them and put up roman shades or woven blinds. Blinds won't interfere with your sofa or baseboard heaters either. Your ottoman is a good size.

• J D
    7 years ago
    What you've done for an ottoman is so beautiful. I love it!
    Do you see how in the photoshopped picture that the rug is showing out from the back of the floating side of the sectional? That's how rugs are supposed to fill the space. Maybe you could try flipping the rug the other way to see if it works better
    Also I would lower the tv so it is at eye level when you are sitting on the couch. Otherwise, you will get neck cramps
  • christina1432
    Original Author
    7 years ago

This is where I am at coming along slowly! Need wall decor!

• PRO
    Charles Neal Interiors
    7 years ago

Here are some designs of ours that might help you with your glam look. Take note of the chairs, rugs, coffee tables, lamps, chandeliers, etc.

Caracole Home Introduces "The Everly" Collection by Charles Neal · More Info

HGTV Showhouse Showdown TV show · More Info

Miami Condo · More Info

Decadence · More Info