Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judesta

Lee industries or Taylor King sofa?

Judy Harrison
7 years ago
I am interested in purchasing a sofa and love seat. I have identified similar sofas from Lee Industries and Taylor King, and after sales/discounts, both are very close in price. I don't want price to be the only deciding factor. I would very much appreciate hearing others' opinions about quality, service, and durability of these two manufacturers.

Thank you!

Comments (17)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    7 years ago

I'd go with Taylor King. Eight way hand tie construction , option for spring down cushioning, and although nothing is made exactly as twenty two years ago.........that's how long I have had mine!! Three times recovered: ) and as sound and comfortable as the day I got it.

• Judy Harrison
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks for the feedback Jan!
  • Liz Kendall
    6 years ago

Hi Judesta - Curious if you ended up purchasing the Taylor King or Lee Industries sofa? I'm at same decision point and would love to hear your decision. Thank you

• Liz Kendall
    6 years ago
    Thank you!
  • peggyboozer37
    6 years ago

My $6800 Taylor King sofa, custom designed, was just delivered. I have demanded my money back. The pillows do not fit together, the tailoring at the corners of the skirt are bunched, the top of the pillows are wrinkled, the stitching is wrinkled, and the over-all result is a disaster. Would not recommend Taylor King.

• helenjones
    6 years ago

My experience with Taylor King (TK) has been terrible. I hired a designer and she recommended a custom TK sectional with sunbrella material for a sunroom. The small sectional was over $7,000 but guaranteed not to fade or stain. Four weeks after having the sectional, a large faded area appeared on one of the cushions. The designer took the seat cover and gave it to Matt, customer service, TK. About 4 weeks later the seat cover was returned but it was the wrong size. Three months later and I still don't have the seat cushion. Maybe, TK customer service used to be stellar but not anymore. I strongly advise against purchasing TK sofas!

• Amanda Foshee
    5 years ago
    Judesta-which cushion option and style did you get from lee?

Looking at 3583 sectional from lee. It Only has 2 seat cushions. Looking for a great place to lounge in our family room but want cushions to retain shape and not look “dumpy” over time. Thx!
  • Judy Harrison
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Hi Amanda, sorry it’s taking me awhile to respond...I had to dig up my order form. We ordered the 3511 couches, two of them. Linen, hopsack, with the kryptonite finish (fabric protection). We ordered 92” and 80” couches with single bench cushion and both have two back cushions. They are still holding extremely well! I still love them and d t regret my decision at all!
  • Amanda Foshee
    5 years ago
    Judesta-thank you for the info. What type of cushion did you get? Just the standard naturlee or did you opt for the innerspring seat cushion option?
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    5 years ago

Sorry. If one person had a bad TK experience? It still will not negate the fact that TK is a far better product , 99 of 100 times, than Lee.

You will find more numerous styles in Lee, that's fact. But . The construction is........... different:)

• Judy Harrison
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Amanda, I went withe the inner spring option.
  • 1durangomom
    4 years ago

JUDESTA,

How is your Crypton Hopsack Linen holding up on your sofa? Thinking of using on a Lee bench cushion sectional that will have a hubby drinking red wine and a dog licking his paws (creating wet spots). This notation on the fabric makes me nervous: Rayon Content Is Durable But May Cause A Mottling Effect. Have you spot cleaned? Does it look blotchy? Are you a satisfied customer? Any feedback appreciated!

• 1durangomom
    4 years ago

also how is your bench cushion holding up?

• Judy Harrison
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hello....wanted to answer the last two questions. The bench seating is holding up well. I make a habit to flip over the cushion every so often to keep the wear even. To the stain questions....I have cleaned milk, mild dirt stains, and a bit of ketchup off the couch and literally water only works. I have not noticed blotches. I can’t say anything g specific to red wine...that would worry me slightly lol. I do plan on cleaning the couches professionally soon and have looked up on the web site that you should do it with companies that use a certain process (can’t recall specifics right now)

Hope this helps!

Hope that helps.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Do not expect ANYTHING but a solution dyed acrylic ( essentially Sunbrella, and a host of indoor/outdoor fabrics ) that you can bleach........ to survive red wine spills of any frequency. Your

Crypton is NOT that. I suggest you read all the cleaning methods/options carefully. NO fabric is a license for laissez faire anything goes on that piece of upholstered seating . Not one.

https://www.crypton.com/support/cleaning-care/#bleach

Ps

There is no comparison between Lee and TK Better by far is TK. In the springs, in cushioning in upholstery finesse. Does that mean that nobody EVER had something go wrong? No. But your odds are a lot better. jmho. I would tell the same to a paying client and have, many times.

• Judy Harrison
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Jan, Thank you for your input. I also have sunbrella furniture and some pieces perform worse in fact. At the end of the day, IMO, no fabric is fail proof. It’s the fabric in their environment and care that guarantee the outcome. One needs to do their due diligence and feel comfortable with their decision.