Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alliegirlny

quality upholstery sectional with cuddler chaise?

alliegirlny
7 years ago

Hello, we are trying to find an affordable, yet quality sectional that offers a cuddler chaise. We've found a couple of sectionals that offer cuddler chairs, but cuddler chaises seem to be few and far between. Any suggestions of a manufacture or brand that offers a fabric sectional including a cuddler? We are looking for the deeper cuddler that is more like a chaise (usually 50"+ deep) compared to a cuddler chair where it would be difficult for a tall person to sit with their legs out.

So far the manufacturers I found that I believe to be a better quality are at Bradington Young, the Ethan at Broyhill and cu2 at Bassett. I have to investigate the BY more, I'm not sure if it has an all upholstery option and don't care for the leather trim. Any advice or knowledge about any of these? I like that the Bassett is a little more narrow so we can actually have five seats, (cuddler, armless chair and a right arm sofa) but the other brands seem to offer a neater look, tighter rounded arms, etc.

Ultimately, we need a left arm facing cuddler chaise and a right arm sofa. We don't want to end with a chaise, or any kind of L shape and don't want to purchase an unneeded pull out bed. We are looking for a long sofa that we can add a cuddler chaise to one one end. So a corner sofa won't work. If they offer an armless chair, that would be a bonus. If you know of a manufacturer that offers a cuddler chaise, I can check if it can be configured as the above.

I kind of like the look of a Johnathan Louis and the total length of the five seats including a cuddler in the Ashburn by Klaussner, but the quality doesn't seem to be there.
Hope this isn't too much info. I just appreciate any input you may have on the brands mentioned, or ones I should look into.

Thanks so much!
Allison

Comments (10)

• havingfun
    7 years ago

people rarely like sectionals, they are difficult to work with and not accomodating to other arrangements. i recommend you check out home reserve, after you have said you don't believe it, check out their independent recommendations. pretty incredible.

alliegirlny thanked havingfun
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 years ago

What the heck is the point of a cuddler chaise this reminds me of the stupid chair and 1/2 the most ridiculous pieces of furniture ever

• havingfun
    7 years ago

hmmmm loved mine, guess i won't ask you if i ever want another.

alliegirlny thanked havingfun
  • alliegirlny
    Original Author
    7 years ago

It's provides the "L" shape, or corner look of a sectional without requiring the normal depth because its angled. This is going in a room that is constantly used by the family to relax in, with everyone lounging on the couch, watch TV, etc. While I like the clean look and versatility of a couch with a chair on each end, it didn't allow our family to lounge in the room. I love to curl up with a good book next to the fireplace. I'm looking forward to having the cuddler chaise and my husband takes naps on our couch and prefers the extra length of a sectional compared to being cramped on a 3 seat couch. So the priority is more towards the use and comfortableness of the room. We were also limited because the room has two entrances (one from the hall and one from the dining room) and on the opposite walls we have a fireplace and a wall unit. So, long story short, the cuddler chaise is the most comfortable option while still providing a finished look within the design restraints we are working with.

• havingfun
    7 years ago

filled with down, aint noone going anywhere once they lay their head down.

Bliss Down-Filled Chaise | west elm · More Info

• Kathy Darling
    7 years ago

Flex steel has a cuddler chaise in their sectional lineup. I think they are pretty good quality too.

• tatts
    7 years ago

Patricia Colwell: 'stupid chair and 1/2' Ha! I see more and more of them--in waiting rooms. It seems that there are a lot of 'person and 1/2' people out there. ;-)

Seriously, I had a torn retina, fixed with a laser, but periodic checkups, and I happened to mention to my doctor at the eye hospital (where there are chairs and 1/2) how many people in the waiting room had problems walking, moving, etc. because of their size. He said that they were about half of the retina business at the hospital. "They don't exercise. they get fat, they get diabetes, they go blind." Scary.

• Clint Eastwood
    6 years ago

I think the cuddler, angle chaise. pod or wedge depending on the manufacturer, is a brilliant concept for several reasons. 1. It’s easy to get in and out of. 2. Geometrically, when the TV in the den is in a corner (dang fireplace, now that’s a worthless piece of out dated technology) geometrically you can point the chase directly at the TV. You don’t have to corkscrew your body for a direct view. And lastly, my dear mother is smiling in heaven over this one. You can put your feet up without them landing on the furniture. The lip is perfect so you’re heals are never on the fabric or leather. We have pets and it’s a perfect solution. Don’t hold back Patricia Colwell, tell us how you really feel. Lighten up girl. Just because you disagree with someone else’s choices doesn’t mean you have to stomp on them. I’m looking to buy one right now. My wife and daughter love the design. Did you buy one alliegirl?

• teaka123
    5 years ago

I'm looking for one now - interested in hearing what you ended up with. Thanks.