Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_513724883

Large double vanity with Dresser. Mirror help

Swetha
22 days ago
last modified: 21 days ago

Hi,

we renovated our master bath and have a large double vanity with dresser. total counter is 120 inches. we have 15 inch drawers on each end and follwed by 30 inch sink cabinet, 30 inch dresser, 30 inch sink cabinef again. to make matters worse we have tile installed on the vanity wall. i have got a 84x48 led mirror installed but it looks small for the space or does it look okay? any other suggestions? i also get can 48x36, 48x24, 48x36 (stuck with 48 height because of the bracket already drilled 😞) one for each sink and one for dresser. or the otger led mirror i found is 96x48 which adds 6 inches on either side. please suggest. One large over 3 smaller. i am so exhausted

Comments (12)

• Swetha
    Original Author
    21 days ago

Thank you @ claudianne. Yes, 3 smaller mirrors actuallly so the mirrors kind of fill little more on either side of the sink.

• sehguh
    21 days ago

I think what you have now looks very nice. I don’t think I would add more mirrors.

Swetha thanked sehguh
  • arcy_gw
    21 days ago

It does look tight for those standing at the sink but stand there and if you can see all your head at once it's fine.

• jackowskib
    21 days ago

I'm not a pro but aesthetically it seems like mirror size width should be closer to the sink base widths. Why are sinks so small for vanity size? Just appears there's an intention to have a sconce light at each side?

Swetha thanked jackowskib
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    21 days ago

"or the other led mirror I found is 96x48 which adds 6 inches on either side. Please suggest.

Do as above.

The bad planning, not taking time to elevate your plan in a drawing scaled UP to 1" to 1 ' got you here, and painted right into a corner.

Get yourself a really good lighted makeup mirror, as your hang height is already too high to see well.

A note to others:

Water does not splash from a sink to the ceiling!. Tile ......think twice about it, please. Think twice to " do I need it at all? " Answer? Probably not: )

• Swetha
    Original Author
    21 days ago

Thank you! I think the 96x48 will work better it will add 6 inches more on each side. good question regarding the sink size and we feel the same. vanities were covered by the contractor and probably he tried to cut his cost by giving us smaller sinks 😞

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    21 days ago

I will say yet once more , as a robot drone:

A contractor is your technician. He installs as you select or provide.

He is in NO SCENARIO......your designer. Not for your bath, not for your kitchen. Just .....not.

Unless you hire a designer? Y..O. U. are the designer.

Swetha thanked JAN MOYER
  • jackowskib
    21 days ago

Unfortunately the contractor didn't even center those small sinks with their respective vanity, both look off in their placement. Just why, I would ask.

Swetha thanked jackowskib
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    21 days ago

Good catch, just above.........

Why and how? Drain location wasn't considered in vanity plan

Or

Plumbing rough in error, after vanity was ordered........

Or a template error, and the wrong sink or just a grab from what the solid surface shop has in stock....

WAH WAH WAH.

Swetha thanked JAN MOYER
  • Swetha
    Original Author
    21 days ago

Thank you all. I will sure ask him

but too late to do anything now regarding the sinks. loosing my sleep over this and we spent significant amount in renovating this bathroom and I expected to be more than happy. Rest of the bathroom turned out pretty good thought…just this one wall is driving me crazy

• Swetha
    Original Author
    yesterday

update and one more question. i ordered a larget mirror and it looks better but i still dont like how high it is. i am asking the contractor to bring it down 5 inches and he is saying it can crack the tile. is that true? I

feel he just dont want to do more work.