Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maire_cate

Question about Houzz ideabooks & photos to share with my designer?

maire_cate
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We're about to embark on a new project - gutting a kitchen, updating 3 bathrooms, refinishing the wood floors, purchasing new furniture and improving the landscaping in a 13 year old home we'll be moving into when the work is finished.

Our contractor suggested that I start a Houzz ideabook and upload photos. He also has an account on Houzz and this way I can share my ideas them with him and his kitchen designer, landscaper and and decorator.

I have bookmarked some posts but I've never started an ideabook. If I do that under this sign in does that mean he'll be able to read any comments I've made through the years on this site? I guess I could create a separate account just for this purpose. Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Maire

Comments (15)

• aprilneverends
    7 years ago

Do the same-but on Pinterest. You can communicate there, share, send pins to each other, and collect tons of ideas, without letting other people too much into your world you're not eager to share with them. You can open joint boards, can comment, and in general-I find Pinterest being a wonderful site for something like that. You can save articles and Youtube videos too btw.

Houzz itself doesn't let to pin-but most other sites do. There is also TON of inspiration on Pinterest itself

maire_cate thanked aprilneverends
  • maire_cate
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you for the responses. I did ask my contractor about Pinterest but he said Houzz is the only site he uses. So I guess creating a separate account is the best choice.

Thanks again, Mire

• 4boys2
    7 years ago

Will you then only be able to "ideabook" things you find on Houzz ?

maire_cate thanked 4boys2
  • maire_cate
    Original Author
    7 years ago

4boys - I suspect you're right. But I'm looking on the bright side - going on Pinterest is like Alice going down the rabbit hole - I find myself going in many different directions. Utilizing Houzz might help keep me focused.

The annoying part is that I'll have to remember which account I signed in on.

• 4boys2
    7 years ago

I don't use Pinterest that way often.. I use it to collect all my ideas into one spot. No matter which site I'm on (except Houzz) , I can pin it to my Pinterest account.

maire_cate thanked 4boys2
  • artemis_ma
    7 years ago

I'd make a separate account. Fun account -- you have. Working account -- share with him. Perhaps use a name and password that will remind you that the second one is for biz.

maire_cate thanked artemis_ma
  • Boopadaboo
    7 years ago

question - if you do use Houzz and you save pictures in your idea book - how do you share them with people that are not on Houzz? I can't save them and it takes forever to load on my phone. I want to go to the tile store tonight and share the photos with the person there. :( now I am annoyed I started with an idea book here. Of course I have one on pinterest too, but I cant get the Houzz pictures there. Can I?

maire_cate thanked Boopadaboo
  • Boopadaboo
    7 years ago

OK going to try that. thank you!

maire_cate thanked Boopadaboo
  • maire_cate
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Boopadaboo - that's a great idea - Thanks Olychick for the info.

• happy2b…gw
    7 years ago

I use this app to save pictures form the internet to an idea book on Houzz.

• Boopadaboo
    7 years ago

I must be doing something wrong. When I email it - it just sends me a link. so when I click it - it opens Houzz and no way to save it still. I did find a way to print them, but they are small.

will try again tomorrow!

• Olychick
    7 years ago

Well rats, you're right...hmmm, maybe I was thinking pinterest. Sorry; I'll try to delete the above so others don't try it.

Maybe take a screen shot and email that?

• Boopadaboo
    7 years ago

yes olychick - who knew there was such a thing as a snipping tool? I downloaded one and now have the pics snipped and can print them easily and send them as well without linking my houzz account to anyone!

• Olychick
    7 years ago

Glad you figured it out! I love work- arounds for things that anyone tries to prevent.