Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (17)

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    7 years ago

I like the first one better but that is really just personal preference. I don't think one will look more built in than the other.

• practigal
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

You need to do a lot more homework. You cannot rely on a retailer's website. On the Samsung website these are the same size 29 13/16. It looks like the real difference is the self-cleaning feature. Would you ever use it? But to me the real issue is that it's been extensively rated and 25% of the people who buy it end up hating it. When a product has been extensively reviewed I would never consider purchasing it if it rated less than 90%. On the samsung website 11/39 ranked it at 1 star and complained about accidentally turning it on and starting fires....

• lyfia
    7 years ago

I'd pick one that is the same size as many other choices so that if the kitchen outlives the stove you can easily replace

• smm5525
    7 years ago

Oh no! Electric? If there is money in budget shoot for induction!

• eaw 513
    7 years ago

I've also read about how much better conduction is. I am a gas devotee and last year replaced the lousy old range that our house had with a Samsung duo flex dual fuel slide in range. It is AWESOME! I really wanted double ovens but do not have enough space in this kitchen. It was the perfect compromise, I have a removable divider so I can have one large oven or two (top is smaller and convection only, bottom us larger and can be convection or regular). The very bottom drawer is a warming drawer too. Here is a link to the electric version if you're interested http://www.samsung.com/us/home-appliances/ranges/electric/ne58k9850ws-slide-in-electric-flex-duo-range-with-dual-door-stainless-steel-ne58k9850ws-aa/. Good luck, I did tons of research before buying and am glad that I did.

• eaw 513
    7 years ago

Sorry, not conduction, induction

• cpartist
    7 years ago

Eaw you need to have a gas line to have a gas range. I made the assumption that because she was getting electric there is no gas hooked up

• Kathryn P
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I'd be wary of Samsung in general right now. Hanjin Shipping handles their imports and they've gone bankrupt and are having assets seized. You may find yourself waiting a long time for a Samsung appliance unless your store already has it in stock. Ask me how I know...

• Jenny Malowski
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I have no idea what induction even means? lol! We actually prefer electric, only because it's all we've used for 15 years. So we figured just keep with what we know and like, no?

• Jenny Malowski
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Samsung went bankrupt? I had no idea?!

• randymwagner
    7 years ago

Bankrupt, no. But Samsung phones have been burning themselves (the Note7 model) and then there were recently Samsung washing machines that completely self destruct when the drum spins out of balance. I do not trust that Samsung has Quality in mind when they design and manufacture stuff.

• smm5525
    7 years ago

Jenny, electric is the worst. Most inefficient of the three types. Go test out induction and research it before you buy anything

• cpartist
    7 years ago

Jenny, do a search in the appliance forum about induction. It's electric but better. The cooktop doesn't heat up and you can boil a pot of water in something like 90 seconds. Because the cooktop doesn't heat up, if you spill something on it, it doesn't get burnt on and is easy to clean up with a damp sponge.

• dan1888
    7 years ago

Induction has very fast response to heat level changes. About the opposite of ceramic electric. It's faster than gas and allows excellent low level temperature control. The glass surface of ceramic can get to 850* as it heats up to transfer that heat to your pan. This bakes spills onto the glass surface and makes it a pain to keep clean. Induction uses a magnetic field to heat the pan. The glass surface just gets warm and is so much easier to clean. Much safer for kids. I've never heard of anyone preferring ceramic after using induction. And almost all wouldn't go back to gas either.

• atiman
    7 years ago

I grew up with electric and choice electric in our first home. In our second home gas was hooked up. Hubby wanted gas. I was so afraid of having gas. I quickly realized it was so much better than electric and there was no need to fear it. I would never go back to electric ever. Now present day after trying induction, I will not go back to gas. I love it! I bought the samsung induction slide in range.

• 3katz4me
    7 years ago

Ya my first thought was also induction and then that I didn't think Samsung had a very good reputation for appliances. Exploding washing machines and flammable phones. You know they're spending millions on that stuff right now and at what cost to the rest of their products. I personally wouldn't buy any Samsung product right now though we've had great luck with their TVs in the past.

As far as what looks better that's really up to you. They look pretty similar to me.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!