Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arialvetica

Finished kitchen w/ "modern craftsman" inspiration (pictures)

arialvetica
7 years ago

I found this group helpful, so I wanted to pay it forward and share some pictures of our kitchen now that we've been living in it for a few months. I'll list materials here, and if anyone has any questions about what we do/don't like, I'll try to come back and answer.

I'm an at-home mom, so my kitchen is open for 4 meals a day. I cook almost every meal from scratch (thank you Cook Smarts!). I'm really pleased with my layout, particularly the OTR microwave! I lost a lot of sleep over the granite, but I LOVE the finished product. The pendants and granite make me smile every single day!

• Cabinets: Starmark (style: Bridgeport, wood: maple, color: cappuccino lowers, macadamia uppers)
  • Hardware: Belwith Hickory (style: Greenwich, color: Oil Rubbed Bronze)
  • Counters & Backsplash: granite, Alaska White (aka Delicatus)
  • Pop-up outlets on counter: Lew Electric (PUFP-CT-BK)
  • Sink: Pegasus (style: 441395, color: Bisque)
  • Faucet: Hansgrohe (style: 06801861 Talis S Variarc, color: Steel Optik)
  • Appliances: GE Profile (color: Slate)
  • Floors: American Walnut (2¼" planks, unsteamed, unstained, site-finished w/ a satin finish)
  • Walls: Acacia Haze (Sherwin Williams color SW 9132)
  • Pendants: Ballard Designs Chevelle Pendants (shape: Diamond)
  • Leather stools: CB2 Roadhouse Leather Counter Stools
  • Saddle stools: Inmod Yvonne Potter Timber Counter Stool (Black Powder Coated Steel, American Walnut/Natural seat)
  • Rug: Loloi Rugs Spice & Charcoal Izmir Rug (2'8" x 10')
  • Fruit bowl, baskets: Des Moines Farmer's Market
  • Dishes/bowls/mugs: Fitz & Floyd Gourmet White
  • Juice glasses: Anchor Hocking Stolzle F2229 Barware 10.5 oz. Tumbler Glass
  • Pint glasses: Cardinal Arcoroc 79066 20 oz. Tulip Beer Glass
  • Acrylic bookshelves (in toy room behind kitchen): CB2
  • Views: Black Hills

Finished Skyline Home · More Info

Decorist Inspiration · More Info

Comments (30)

• laughablemoments
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Wonderful! Your space looks so efficient, which is exactly what you need for 4 meals per day. I really like the open shelves under the cabinets, so handy. Do you have a measured drawing you can share? I need to finalize our island, and I see some helpful ideas in yours.

arialvetica thanked laughablemoments
  • User
    7 years ago

You have an amazing aesthetic. OMG, the granite is gorgeous. Looks like an appaloosa horse.

arialvetica thanked User
  • schoolhouse_gw
    7 years ago

VERY nice. Good light and great space.

Where have I seen that rug/runner before? Wasn't there something similar in another thread about searching for the perfect runner for her hallway? : )

arialvetica thanked schoolhouse_gw
  • Cheryl Hewitt
    7 years ago

Wow! I love your two tone cabinets and granite!

arialvetica thanked Cheryl Hewitt
  • johnsoro25
    7 years ago

The Alaska White is gorgeous! Great job.

arialvetica thanked johnsoro25
  • artemis_ma
    7 years ago

Very nice and inviting!!! Well done!

arialvetica thanked artemis_ma
  • cpartist
    7 years ago

The two tone cabinets with the granite work beautifully together and I'm in love with your floors. Great pendants!

Ok so now that you posted here, when the heck are you going to post the finished, decorated house on the building a home forum?

arialvetica thanked cpartist
  • lakeerieamber
    7 years ago

Gorgeous! Love the two tone cabinets and those pendants are so lovely! Great choices!

arialvetica thanked lakeerieamber
  • Wendy
    7 years ago

Beautiful. Congrats and enjoy.

arialvetica thanked Wendy
  • Karen Eagle
    7 years ago

The kitchen looks great! I'm so glad you love how it turned out. Thanks for posting. Enjoy!

arialvetica thanked Karen Eagle
  • practigal
    7 years ago

Beautiful!

arialvetica thanked practigal
  • Pipdog
    7 years ago

very pretty kitchen - so warm and inviting!

arialvetica thanked Pipdog
  • arialvetica
    Original Author
    7 years ago

@laughablemoments -- here's a diagram with measurements. Hope this helps with your project!

@cpartist -- I have tried to take pictures of the house to share on the group, but we have so many darn windows that it's impossible to get "good lighting" with my cell phone camera! I need to have a friend with a real camera come take some snapshots for me. :)

• jmarino19
    7 years ago

This is awesom. Love the tot room and the view. Can you post pictures of the pop-up outlets? Also, can you give the dimensions of your island, including overhangs? I read through your other threads, but maybe I missed this information. This seems to really fit your location.

arialvetica thanked jmarino19
  • jmarino19
    7 years ago

Cross posted. Thanks for the layout.

• smm5525
    7 years ago

Stunning! I love the floors and the cappuccino cabinets. Love the pendants and stools. Love the decor!

arialvetica thanked smm5525
  • sheloveslayouts
    7 years ago

I've been anxiously awaiting your reveal. Its wonderful! Going over to building a home to see if your house is over there. Congratulations!!!

arialvetica thanked sheloveslayouts
  • arialvetica
    Original Author
    7 years ago

@benjesbride you'll find some floor plans and in-progress pictures over there, but I haven't had a chance to take good pictures of the finished project yet! :)

• laughablemoments
    7 years ago

Thank you for the drawing!!

• User
    7 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! So many things to love. It has so much character and so much light. Enjoy. :)

arialvetica thanked User
  • Shelley Graham
    7 years ago

Beautiful! Love the colors! You must be thrilled. And that view...

arialvetica thanked Shelley Graham
  • mgmum
    7 years ago

It looks great! It also looks efficient, so win-win!

arialvetica thanked mgmum
  • CEFreeman_GW DC/MD Burbs 7b/8a
    7 years ago

I've been fussing about how to handle the cabinets where my fridge used to be. 48" of space, but I want an upper microwave. Now, I think I'm going to copy you to the T!

Just beautiful and so well coordinated. It's obvious you put a ton of thought in to your space.

Enjoy it!

arialvetica thanked CEFreeman_GW DC/MD Burbs 7b/8a
  • Pink Poppy
    7 years ago

arialvetica!! How clever of you to post a message in one of my old threads to get this to me! I was thrilled to see your reveal and it did not disappoint. Absolutely gorgeous and you stuck with your "Apaloosa" granite (sorry if i spelled that wrong). ;) I love how it all turned out. It looks fresh and modern.

So much to love in your kitchen like the stools and "bench stool" (never seen one of those before!) and the stain on the cabinets. Those pendants are my favourite feature though - they were the first thing I noticed. What a statement they make!

Congrats on the new home and please update us whenever you're ready to share the rest of your home reveal!!

arialvetica thanked Pink Poppy
  • herbflavor
    7 years ago

wonderful compact island kitchen.Smart idea to tie the backsplash and counters with the same material.....pulls it all together......very wise due to angled ceiling height and large open space.....you achieved anchoring effect with the stone.....I like the pick of granite with pattern....it gives your "stamp" and you weren't shy about it. The space seems so inviting..you'll have a lot of action in your open kitchen.

arialvetica thanked herbflavor
  • Macswim
    7 years ago

So nicely done. I can see how much you will enjoy the space doing all of your cooking! How long did this take you?

arialvetica thanked Macswim
  • arialvetica
    Original Author
    7 years ago

@macswim, it was part of a new build. We met with architects in Sept 2015, broke ground in Feb 2016, and moved in Aug 2016. :)

• algeasea
    7 years ago

Thanks for the photos! I'd been following your build, the beginning of which overlapped with the end of mine. Plus--Black Hills, my home stomping ground. Your kitchen looks great.

arialvetica thanked algeasea
  • mbaldauf61
    7 years ago

What a warm and inviting place to cook and share meals. And the views - spectacular!! I love the wall color as well.

arialvetica thanked mbaldauf61