holly_stockley

Tales of the Great Architect Adventure

Holly Stockley

By request, I'm going to start a thread here chronicling the process of building a custom home designed by a real, live architect. We have come to the point where we had access both to sufficient income and a significant cash down payment to make it possible to buy a small piece of acreage and build a home on it. My husband and I have two daughters, who are both ASD - this brings a few challenges into the design of a home, which we'll get to later.

The very first step WE took was to contact our builder. He and I go back to junior high school, high school, and college. When you've had that many long conversations with someone that cover the gamut of subject from politics to poodles, ethics isn't a question mark. He's far enough in HIS career at this point to be building beautiful custom homes. In his business, he works with a number of architects, and in this case recommended the one he thought would fit our project best. And so the first appointment was scheduled.

Experienced Family-Owned Landscaping Company in Loudoun County

Need help discovering your style?

Take Style Quiz