Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sprtphntc7a

LIEBHERR FRIG: Anyone have a Working service #??

sprtphntc7a
7 years ago

hi all,

had ice maker replaced and trying to restart ice maker. called the 800 # and no longer in service!!?? anyone have a working #??

TIA

Comments (6)

• homepro01
    7 years ago

I just dialed this number 1 (866) 543-2437 and they are closed as of 7:30pm EST. The website appears to be in service on something because all the pages for support are blank.

• sprtphntc7a
    Original Author
    7 years ago

i called the same # and it said its not in service. called the other # on my manuel and they no longer service Liebherr frigs. i did get a new # for anyone who is interested: 407-359-5929. also 407-203-6668. it seems they (lbhr) contracted a new company for repairs. the new company is called Plus 1 Solutions. they did not update their website!! hope this helps !!!

• sprtphntc7a
    Original Author
    7 years ago

im in PA., i did get a person on the 480-998-0141 and they told us that they don't service liebherr's anymore. yes, that is strange. when we called around 5:15, we got "this # is not in service".... very odd.!!

• homepro01
    7 years ago

I am in Maryland. Very strange indeed.

• bdslack
    7 years ago

Hi!

I ordered my ice maker from http://dellfrio.com/. I believe they fulfill all orders for the company. Also - when you install it (not simple) remember you need to program it. Here are my notes:

How to fix the ice maker. First you will need to remove the thing. Take all the bins and shelves out. Lie on your back and look up at the ice maker. You will see two clips that hold it in place. Press them in with two butter knives on each side and when you have them pressed in have another person pull out the ice maker. Check to see if your bin is broken (like mine). Call Liebherr and get the repair kit (about 99 bucks). Take a small screwdriver and remove the front nameplate (it clips in). Remove the screw. There is another screw on the side. Replace the parts needed.

Here is where it gets interesting... Reinstall and turn off the ice maker by holding down the power button for about 2 seconds. Then press the power button for 5-8 seconds (but no more than 10) and the ice maker will do a "test run". Then press the power button again and after 2 seconds it will start flashing. Count how many times it flashes. It will be between 1-8 total. This is the water "fill time". The more flashes the more water it pumps into the tray during the fill. What breaks these trays is that they are overfilled with too much water and then they crack. When it stops flashing push the bin back in and pull it back out. It will increment one level (5 to a 6) and flash again. Reset it back to a 1 (three is default). Check tomorrow and if the ice is WAY too small - start again and bump it up a level.

Water pressure might be overfilling your tray and causing the damage and now you know how to "hack" it back to normal operation. Personally we keep it on a 1 and just live with the smaller cubes. Also make sure your water is SOFT. If it is too hard the minerals will build up on the tray and cause the ice to not release.